1,109 results
All reviewsrooftop bargothic quarterboutique hotelturn down servicebottle of cavaamazing hotelrooms are beautifulthe general managerel bornthe entire staffjunior suitetapasgreat boutiquethe location is perfectthe hotel managerplunge poolbottled water
Reviewed December 1, 2017

Totally agree with all of the positive reviews on this hotel. We stayed for a few days and the location proved to be within walking distance of everything. The people watching from the balcony was great :) Service and accommodations were top notch. Highly recommend a visit to The Serras Hope to be back some day :)

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank monziak
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear monziak,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

It was truly such a pleasure to read that you found our location to be excellent and our service and accommodations top notch but most of all that you highly recommend us! Thank you very much! We as a team work exceedingly hard to deliver this level of 5 star personalized, luxury oriented service and it truly is such a pleasure to have you recognise our strong efforts. It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 29, 2017

The hotel was amazing I never thought i would of experienced something quite like my trip to Spain.The Staff where very nice and helpful and recommended multiple local locations to visit that did not cost me and my friends to much money to do. The nights out where great as well we visited many nearby clubs and the locals really do know how to have a good time and the hotel make a great breakfast!

Room Tip: good view with a very good service and nice bedrooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends

Dear seanosullivan164,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

I was thrilled to have you describe The Serras as "Exceptional", that you found our team to be helpful and last but not least that you thoroughly enjoyed our great breakfast! Thank you very much! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service so we thank you for your very important feedback. It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Reviewed November 28, 2017

Hello again Antonio, we just finished our trip and felt the need to tell you again that....we will be back. Not because your hotel is superb in so many ways--you already know that, many others i"m sure have told you so. but rather because of the warmth, the friendliness the happiness of all your employees that we met--and we met a lot. It is contagious and calming especially for strangers in a foreign land who are made to feel genuinely welcome. I believe this perception of being safe and at home develops from a culture started and or demonstrated by you or other senior staff. Please say hello for us to Daniela, Alexia,Anastasia,Victoria,Sandra Messi, Jennifer and others whose names I can't now recall, but still want to say hi to. What a multi cultural group from countries around the globe--and all infused with a smile and a hello. Until the next time, Joan and Jerry ...........and feel free to pass this note on to whom ever you may choose

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear trudetell,

I cannot thank you enough for your incredible review of The Serras. We were delighted to have you describe your stay with us as "A superb experience" and that thanks to the warmth, friendliness and happiness of all our employees and feeling genuinely welcomed, you will be back to stay with us. Thank you very much! Each and everyone of our team members truly takes it upon himself to deliver an extraordinary service that is at once warm yet impeccable and so it really makes us so happy to have you recognise our strong efforts. It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2017

This was our first stay at The Serras and certainly not the last!
The hotel location is excellent, in the Gothic quarter and overlooking the marina, 10 minutes walk from La Rambla and just over 30 minutes walk from la Sagrada Familia (or 15 min by cab if you're not a keen walker!).
We were greeted by such a lovely reception team, knowledgeable, at ease and so pleasant to chat to, in fact, every one we dealt with at the hotel was great, just the right attitude, friendly yet super pro.
We stayed in a Junior Suite which was spacious and just beautiful; we had a small 'balcony' (not one that's big enough to fit a table but you can step out a little to enjoy the views) and the double windows meant we didn't hear much of the noise. Beds are mega comfortable and appointed with the softest linen too. There's a comfortable seating area too. The bathroom is gorgeous, with both a walk-in shower (complete with giant shower head and aromatherapy pods diffusing essential oils) and a jacuzzi bath - not sure how we managed to leave the room with all the temptations of staying in! There's a mobile phone for you to use for local calls and it also has 4G so you can browse at leisure and also navigate on Google map. It's loaded with useful info and promos too.
We had dinner at Informal, the hotel's main restaurant, run by Michelin-starred Chef Marc Gascons - it was delicious from start to finish; we had tuna belly and the dry rice with lobster and vegetables - so generously portioned and tasty! Desserts were stunning too, I highly recommend the torrija (or pain perdu) with coffee, cream and salted caramel ice cream. Need I say more?
Finally - the terrace, cleverly 'split' so there's a dedicated section for hotel guests (around the pool). We had pre-dinner drinks there and the views over the marina are incredible.

Room Tip: Our room (a junior suite) was on 4th floor so great views of the city and marina
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Peggy P,

I cannot thank you enough for your fantastic review of The Serras. I was simply thrilled to read that your felt that our location is excellent and our beds mega comfortable but most of all that you consider us to be your new home in Barcelona. Thank you very much! Our dedicated personnel truly work very hard to exceed guest expectations and deliver an exceptional service so it truly makes us very happy to receive such great feedback from you. It was truly a pleasure to create some unforgettable memories with you.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Barcelona.

Reviewed November 23, 2017

If there were such a thing as a 7 star hotel rating, Hotel The Serras would qualify. Online reservations was easy to navigate, follow up included a phone call the week before from Barcelona asking if questions or needs. Hotel arranged car pick up service (additional fee, but so worth it) was on time pleasant experience; check in staff excellent and after dealings with staff; hotel recently renovated having large rooms-especially the bathroom; beautiful modern sophisticated decor; we reserved average room but it had a balcony where we could see the ocean in the distance; dinner at their restaurant was one of top 5 in my life; waiters very professional but personal; wonderful food and drink surprises in room after dinner; roof top bar and pool, such a beautiful view; totally felt pampered; excellent location near harbor, cruise ships, and museums. Thank you staff of Hotel The Serras for making the start of our vacation so memorable.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CatQuigley

Dear CatQuigley,

Thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

I was delighted to have you describe your stay with us as "Beyond Excellence", that you feel that we would qualify for a 7 star rating and most of all that that we made the start of your vacation so memorable. What an incredible compliment, thank you very much! Each and every one of our team members strives to offer our guests a truly outstanding hospitality experience so we truly appreciate your great feedback! It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.