1,135 results
All reviews rooftop bar gothic quarter boutique hotel turn down service bottle of cava amazing hotel rooms are beautiful the general manager el born the entire staff junior suite tapas great boutique the location is perfect the hotel manager plunge pool every evening
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We stayed at the The Serras in August 2017 and absolutely loved it. The hotel is in a great location, walk to the beach and the entire old city, but also very accessible by taxi if needed. The hotel is as the photos show, beautiful. We had two beautiful rooms overlooking the road and they were very very quiet which was important since we were with our kids. The food in the restaurant was excellent and very accommodating for my daughter's celiac (gluten-free). In fact, the complimentary turn down treats were all GF just for her. The pool was really refreshing after a hot day touring around the city.

Most of all the staff was truly amazing! Every last one of them could not have been more accommodating and more genuine in their hospitality. No detail was left undone. We went to Mallorca and came back to The Serras for one last night before flying back to the US but I felt as though I was already home arriving back in Barcelona. The familiar faces all ready to have us back. You were all amazing, thank you!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank United787
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear United787,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write such a great review about your experience with us.

We were delighted to have you describe The Serras as "Beautiful Hotel - AMAZING Staff", that you loved your stay with us and found us to be in a great location but most of all that you left feeling that no detail was left undone by our ¨truly amazing staff¨. Thank you very much! At The Serras we are truly committed to offering our guests an unapparelled and unforgettable hospitality experience and so it makes us really proud to receive such fantastic feedback from you. You were amazing guests. Thank you to you! It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2017

So I've got to be honest - I read the reviews, and was excited to stay at the hotel, but thought it might not have delivered on the hype. It did. From the moment we got there to the moment we left, our trip was brilliant. The Serras take "personalized service" to the next level. They helped us with everything - dinner reservations, bar recommendations, advice on the best beach etc. Not to mention the cava in abundance in the lobby! The hotel itself is gorgeous - beautifully designed, and the bedroom we stayed in (501) was amazing - front facing junior suite, and honestly don't think there could be a better room in the hotel. As others say, the bed was amazing. I'm pretty hard to please, and can honestly say this hotel was faultless. Special shout out to Andrea and Maria on reception who couldn't have done more for us. Location also spot on, nicely sandwiched between the gothic quarter and el borne. The rooftop amazing for sunset and drinks. Any more complimentary adjectives left? Can you tell we liked this hotel?

Room Tip: Junior Suite Sea View Rooms - get one on the higher floors, 4 or 5
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PeterMaguire28

Dear PeterMaguire28,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras Hotel and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

I was thrilled to have you describe our location as ¨spot on¨, that you believe that The Serras takes personalized service to the next level, and last but not least that although you consider yourself ¨hard to please¨, you would describe us as faultless! Wow, thank you very much! At The Serras, we are all about personalized, luxury oriented service and it truly makes us very happy to offer our guests such a distinguished hospitality experience. It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2017

My husband booked this hotel for four nights and it was just perfect. From the moment we arrived until the day we left the service was 11/10. Every staff member that we interacted with was excellent, friendly and very professional. Check-in was very special, hot flannel to refresh and a glass of sparkling wine. We have never had this type of check-in before and we have stayed in many hotels in different cities in the world.
We were given a tour of the hotel and the decor is gorgeous, I took photos of things that I would like to replicate when we build a new house. The rooftop area is a lovely bonus, although the pool was very cold but the air temperature hot. The view out to the marina area is beautiful. The rooftop bar we used every night and had cocktails beside the pool during the day, a refreshing one is the iceblock in the sparkling wine, yummy. On arrival to our room was a small platter with some sweet treats on it and a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket. Each night there was a turn down service where a little sweet treat was left beside the bed.
We dined in the formal restaurant the first night and the Dinner was exceptional. We also had bar snacks one night in the library area which were also of high quality.
We didn't want to have to leave this lovely hotel and plan to return again one day when we get to that side of the world again, hopefully it remains as good as it is now.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rayner4

Dear Rayner4,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that you found The Serras to be just perfect and our service an 11/10 but most of all that you would describe our team as excellent, friendly and very professional. Thank you very much! Each and every one of our team members works exceedingly hard to continuously improve on our very high standards of service so it is truly a pleasure to receive this recognition from you! It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

staying here for 7 nights; beautiful setting; rooftop area a great space to relax and enjoy sangria; rooms spacious; staff friendly and helpful; great location for all that is Barcelona; wish I could stay longer

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Kjcski,

Thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

We were delighted to have you describe our hotel as a ¨gem¨ and that you found us to be in a great location but most of all that you left feeling that our staff is ¨friendly and helpful¨. At The Serras we work very hard to deliver a service that is impeccable yet warm and friendly and so it truly makes us happy to have you highlight this. Thank you very much! It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel truly deserves the glowing reviews they receive and its high status on trip advisor. If service and customer attention are important to you then you will not be disappointed staying at this hotel. The hotel is also fantastically located being in close walking proximity to many areas of Barcelona but away from the noise and busy touristy areas.
We had two rooms for a week and really didn’t want to leave the hotel, if we are ever in Barcelona there is no question of where we would stay. The rooms are silent when the double doors are closed so you do not get bothered by any outside noise.
Our teenage daughters loved the complimentary phone with internet access that could be used whilst in town and my wife and I loved the rooftop bar.
The front of house, restaurant, concierge and bar staff are attentive, professional and truly do care. We had an evening that didn’t go as expected and I am not going to go into the detail of it but rather only mention it so that I can say that the way that the staff and Antonio responded to this occurrence was absolutely second to none. Things can go wrong and it is what happens after that which we remember. The staff at The Serras put customer experience and satisfaction first and whilst many companies claim they do, not many can deliver in this area. Well done Antonio and team!! We can’t wait to one day stay at The Serras again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear Vinod C,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you found our service to be first class, our hotel to be fantastically located and most of all, that you felt that our staff is attentive, professional and truly do care. Thank you very much! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service so we truly appreciate your great feedback! It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you and your family throughout your stay with us.

My team and I thank you for kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Barcelona.

Kind regards,