“good vegi food”

Restaurante Govinda
Ranked #2,865 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
London, United Kingdom
“good vegi food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

customer service & food was all good would defo go back the location is easy to find and not far from local metro station

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Somerville, Massachusetts
“There are better Indian options for vegetarians”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I don't know why this is the Indian restaurant in Barcelona that is recommended on every vegetarian website - the food is below average, which may be why the restaurant was completely empty when we went there. The same seemingly endless song played during our entire meal and almost drove us crazy. There is no naan or other essential Indian staples. I felt like we didn't get our money's worth at all. Go to Tandoor Restaurant instead.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dmr1030
London, United Kingdom
“Recent visit to Barcelona, Spain”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

On our last day of Barcelona visit, went there for a lunch (before catching a flight). Unfortunately restaurant staff didn't let us in at mentioned opening time of 1:00 PM. Any way, we thought that to be compensated by a good quality food and a quick service. Once we were in the restaurant, we found staff very polite and nice. Service was very quick. But the food quality (for the price we paid) was not at all close to our expectations.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Vinay G
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a miss”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

we went there for a dinner... we ordered a simple dish (aloo mutter) which had stale gravy. It was surprising to see this quality of food as it was a non peak hour and the restaurant was completely empty.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chinmay_83
“'Eh ... Keep Walking”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by a fellow veg whom I met in Barcelona..

But I'm writing this review as to not recommend this place to anyone else. Was it good .. 'Eh it was edible but for the price your better off going somewhere else to eat veg. Maoz would have been better.

The menu is very pricey, therefore the food should be delicious. It is Hindu vegetarian but not exactly authentic .. The best "deal" they have is a pre fix lunch menu for €15 which is what I ordered. I opted for the salad buffet because my body is always craving greens... It would have been fine had I not seen a huge dead bug lingering in my salad, so that got pushed aside and never touched again.

The main course was edible but not memorable, and as there are so many other options for veg food around Barcelona I would suggest you try something else before wasting the euro here.

1 Thank Dche85