“Real food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hi,

We were visiting Barcelona second time, and Gorria was one of the best surprises we had. So much so that, we returned there for the second time in a week.

Although they barely speak English, and my knowledge of Spanish was nil, we were greeted nicely, and the experience we had was really satisfactory, both in terms of food and ambiance.

2  Thank alpha2008

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went there for the 3rd time in few months. Food is a walk in heaven. marvellous. Not for people with Claustrophobia

1  Thank Lorenzo_TN
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My partner and I ate at this restaurant April 19th. We read all the wonderful reviews and were looking forward to this Basque/Navarra "Classic". Despite the reassuring decor and ample male wait staff, the menu was very limited in its offerings and uninspiring. The roast lamb was "unavailable" that night. I opted for the Girona steak which was a small lump of tender meat cooked practically raw and accompanied by a few paltry slices of potato.It took me about 5 minutes to finish the dish. I had expected to find a robust menu with game and hearty cooked dishes.

Im not sure if we missed something or not but I cant believe local people could be satisfied with this type of a restaurant. I wasnt and neither was my partner and I wouldnt recommend it or consider returning.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is one of the most striking of restaurants in a below-street location. The narrow room is decorated along one wall with wine bottles, a visual treat. The restaurant is Intimate but well lighted. If you like really rare beef, this is a specialty.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you want perfect traditional Basque food, this is the place, wonderful produce, cooked perfect, the beef on the bone perfect, dont expect it well done! it comes almost rare, perfect flavour, wonderful white asparagus, everything perfect, super wine selection.