“Ok....”

Ranked #2,715 of 10,577 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: Jordi Butrón and Xano Saguer have designed a unique and primary experience inside Espaisucres library’s amazingly pedagogic environment, in which they wish to explain and minutely dissect the spine, the pureness, the essence: FLAVOR. 12 exclusive clients per service are to enjoy and learn the insides of the world-reknowned Espaisucre METHOD.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

So this place was recommended to me by a local. Booked with some friends and went. It was...interesting. You can only book for dinner and the place was empty. It really is an only dessert place. Out of 5 courses only 2 were savoury - one was a tiny canape thing and small soup (didnt really count as a course), the second was squid risotto (delicious). Then came 3 desserts. It was just too much sugar. They were really really good, BUT they do the savoury with sweet flavour thing quite well, they should make 3 out of the 5 courses savoury at least. The waiter did suggest that there was another menu with more savoury dishes, but on this there were 3 savoury dishes out of 7 so it's the same problem. And keep in mind that I have a serious sweet tooth! I think they should open for afternoon coffees and desserts and then amend their menu slightly for dinner. Shame as everything we ate was actually delicious!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

It's an interesting concept, the presentation of the food was great and is seemed like quality ingredients, however the taste lacked the wow factor. For the prices paid I would honestly rather spend my money on some local churros or at somewhere great like Tapeo. Again the presentation was good and I think this is what attributes to all of the positive feedback.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

A truly unique experience. A bit of molecular gastronomy with insanely vibrant flavors. Extra virgin olive oil cake, white peach, green olive and "San Simón" is impossible to resist, and the Chocolate, prune, oak, rum, tobacco dish is beguiling, even for those who don't like coffee and a cigarette at the end of their meals. There are a few tasting menus, but whatever you order, try the Goat "cheesecake" with raspberries, red pepper and ginger. I added it a la carte to my dessert tasting menu and it may have been the best thing I ate there. A little pricey, but it's not like you're eating there every day! Treat yourself!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Yesterday we went to Espai Sucre once again. Last year we went to the restaurant and it wa excellent ! This year we went for the new Tapas formula.
Chef Ricard was very helpfull and we took the typical Espai Sucre tapas with pairing wines. Once again à great experience !
Go there and let Chef Ricard please you with his selection or if you like something salty inbetween take the full menu, you won't regret it !!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked reservations on-line based off my guide book because I had always wanted to do an all dessert menu. Turns out this was the best meal we had in Barcelona. Do not eat dinner before going as it is not needed. Service was excellent and attentive. He did a great job of explaining the components of each dish that we tasted. The creativity is off the scale. The raspberry, goat cheese and roasted red pepper was amazing. My only hesitation was you pick one menu per person, there is no a la carte. I selected the cheese course, my husband did the tasting menu 1, and they did bring out extras of his savory dishes for me, and than began our dessert selections at the same time. Dishes I wasn't sure I would like I ended up loving. They also brought us out an extra dish which was a butter cake with lemon and basil, delish. For what we got I thought the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank Alicia S