“Memorable meal”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Nova Esquerra de l'Eixample
Description: Awarded a Michelin star since 2008, and rated #1 for food in Barcelona by Zagat, Cinc Sentits has created a buzz in Barcelona. Prodigal chef Jordi Artal's playful experiments with Catalan tastes, aromas, textures, layers, and sensations is cutting edge stuff. He recommends the seasonal tasting menu, letting each course bring a new and exciting sensation to your palate. They offer a seasonal tasting menu with an optional wine pairing. All this, plus professional yet friendly multilingual service in a modern setting.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’m normally not terribly keen on high end formal restaurants.

Having said that, Cinc Sentits is now on my list of memorable meals.

We had the tasting menu and we did not regret it.

Before being let to the dining room you are offered fantastic tapas and a great vermouth.

The food was simply fantastic and wonderfully presented.

The service is impeccable without being too formal.

The wine-list is extensive and the choice of very reasonably yet delicious wines is impressive

Our evening at this restaurant was a truly highly enjoyable experience

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (949)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with dinner here for my birthday and I can not recommend it enough. I’ve eaten at numerous 3/2 Michelin star restaurants in London and Cinc Sentits was equal if not better than most of them. The attention to detail of every dish was outstanding as was the service and way the menu was introduced. From the moment we entered I knew we were in for a special meal...and we were not disappointed! We had the full tasting menu with wine pairing which was well worth the extra money as we got to eat such a wide variety of dishes and flavours. If we are ever in Barca again we will definitely come back! Deserves another Michelin star at least!!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

This restaurant is a stunner! Exceptional! Tasting menu options only. Very creative cooking! We ate at two other Michelin 1 star restaurants on this trip and Cinc Sentits was clearly superior. Not sure why it doesn’t have two stars. As you enter you are escorted into a temporary area where you have a couple of small bites standing around an oak barrel. You are provided a bit of background and history before escorted into the dining room. Dining room is very modern and minimalist in design. The tasting menu we selected had about 12 courses or so. What I thought was so cool was they brought a card out explaining what was in the dish and left it there. These then stacked up as you went through the evening. What a great and unique touch! Sometimes when the are verbally described it is difficult to get it all. The food was expertly prepared and outstanding in every way! Highlights included an oyster with a brown butter meunière, a razor clam, prawn cured in salt and seaweed....you get the idea. Do your tastebuds a favor and go! Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

When cook is an art, when cook is a real research, cooking is a real performance. All was a true pleasure:a travel for our palate. The service is perfect. Really don t skip it

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

For a rather frequent Michelin diner, this was by far THE best 1 star restaurant that I have eaten in globally. The only one that comes close is Core by Clare Smyth in London in that 8 months limbo period after opening and no star and then straight away getting two Michelin stars last October. How Cinc Sentits is still a 1 star is beyond me , considering the benchmark for 1 stars these days. Not complaining, because €115 full tasting menu for food of this spectacular quality is one of the best Michelin starred value anywhere in the world. What was remarkable about this place, besides the food, was perfect portion sizing and dish timing. The best, i have ever experienced, so much so that and one walks away feeling light, yet warmly cared for and fed. I don't know if the timing stays as perfect when the restaurant is full, but I most certainly hope so. The connection to Jordi Artal's childhood and Catalan cuisine is strongly evident, a modern, exquisite take on Catalan classics, with few fusion notes streaming in, like the prawn cured in seaweed, or use of some Asian ingredients in a dessert. To describe every wonderful dish on some 15 strong list would make this the longest review in the history of TripAdvisor, as every single dish was unique and special in their own right, but the highlights for me were the aforementioned prawn and trout cooked at 47C for 15 minutes served with padron piementos emulsion, onion confit and fennel crumbs - pure perfection. Perfectly cooked squab and wood charred lettuce, was similarly exquisite. Wild strawberry pre-dessert was one of the best desserts I have ever had in my life. Service was faultless, if not particularly warm; little surprises from the kitchen from start to finish - needless to say one of the best long lunches I have ever had!

Date of visit: July 2019