“Amazing and worth the hype”
Review of Cinc Sentits

Cinc Sentits
Ranked #159 of 10,014 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Awarded a Michelin star since 2008, and rated #1 for food in Barcelona by Zagat, Cinc Sentits has created a buzz in Barcelona. Prodigal chef Jordi Artal's playful experiments with Catalan tastes, aromas, textures, layers, and sensations is cutting edge stuff. He recommends the seasonal tasting menu, letting each course bring a new and exciting sensation to your palate. There is a 6-course and a shorter 4-course version of the menu, both available with an optional wine pairing. All this, plus professional yet friendly multilingual service in a modern setting.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The reviews you see and read about this restaurant are not over hyped. My Wife and I ate here on our honeymoon and this was by far the best and most memorable meal on our trip. The food and portions were absolutely delicious and I have never seen such creative and unique food presentation as we had here. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona and looking for an upscale/romantic restaurant!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I planned a honeymoon through Lisbon, Madrid, and Barcelona with tons of exciting food stops along the way. Cinc Sentits was by far the best experience we had during the entire trip (and we had lots of great ones).

The food is creative, all fresh and locally sourced, and the wine pairings were great. The service is friendly and very dedicated to ensuring that you have a great visit (plus they explain everything you are experiencing in great detail). We definitely got to try a lot of dishes and wines that had ingredients that cannot be found outside the region.

A lot of the reviews complain about the prices...but Cinc Sentits is very up front with meal costs, so I'm not sure why people were surprised by the final amount. There were no surprise charges. It was the exact amount we expected in our trip budgeting.

Needless to say it was a night we will never forget and I highly recommend Cinc Sentits to anybody looking for a unique dining experience while traveling through Barcelona.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The gastronomic menu at this restaurant was an extravagant, unforgettable anniversary treat in October, 2013. At lunchtime early in the week, the restaurant was relatively empty and we had attentive and expert service from all the waiting staff. Although this is the kind of place where they fold your napkin using two silver forks each time you leave the table, it never felt intimidating. Course after course of sublime food was delivered to our table, some explained better than others, depending upon which member of staff did the explanations.

The gastronomic menu is supposed to be a surprise from the chef, so if you don’t like spoilers, stop reading now.

Stand out courses for me were the tapa of warm maple syrup, chilled cream, cava sabayon, and Mallorca sea salt, to be downed in one from heavy shot glasses and the mysterious Wild Mediterranean Bonito, a dish which had been created by the chef to compliment the unusual smoked cava sourced by the female sommelier. Every course was delightful and the wines paired with the food were superb. I’m always disappointed to find fois gras on modern menus, given the cruelty of the process, and I would have preferred to have this omitted from my meal, but we were asked beforehand if there was anything we didn’t like and so we were given a chance to speak up.

This is the most I have ever paid for a meal in a restaurant – adding a modest cheese course upped the bill by 22 Euros – but the experience was worth it. Great care was put into making our time at the restaurant enjoyable and at the end of the meal we were presented with a signed copy of the menu and a little take-home gift of muffins wrapped in a cloth napkin to eat the next day.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We received a good recommendation from a trusted source to dine here and we agree with all those who said it was an excellent and enjoyable meal overall, but that the Sensacions (middle level) tasting menu didn't "hit the mark" with all courses. The wine pairings were the same, though we thoroughly enjoyed trying local wines we had never heard of. The foie gras paired with a lightly sweet wine was the best dish of the night. My squab was also very good and my wife's steak was cooked perfectly. The service was impeccable though we had trouble at times understanding one of the servers, especially as the descriptions of molecular gastronomy tend to the flamboyant. This is a restaurant I would like to try again selecting different dishes. Eventually, we may be able to compose a menu that is outstanding.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was the last restaurant we tried on our trip to Barcelona which was primarily focused on food. We went to this restaurant with reasonable but not too high expectation being a bit weary after one unpleasant experience with a restaurant of a similar repute. Everything about the place and the staff was very welcoming and calming, and the zen cave like dark atmosphere was a nice break from the city noise. As well, the the waiters and staff comported themselves with great grace and know how. We chose the tasting menu . Firstly, I must commend the chef and the restaurant for commitment to local ingredients, and building the dishes almost to the last detail around such local fair. This in itself was quite interesting, especially seeing such humble ingredients as local organic carrots, and sweet pepper given a creative affair as stasr of a plate. Overall, the meal built up nicely and pleasantly. However, I have to agree with some other reviewers that often the flavors did not blend so well, or at least they were hardly a surprising or an explosive sensory experience. The technique was good, and the execution was impressive but somehow the flavors fell short of what you would expect of such an experience, and supposedly of molecular gastronomy and at such a price. This applied to desserts especially the olive oil chocolate ice ream. Wonderful idea, but would I order it again.?.hmmm. Food is more than an intellectual experience. It is about pleasure after all. The dishes were a pleasure to eye but not always exciting to eat. And finishing off with the mini muffins, and the traditional cake petit fours , now that is an unnecessary sin that can definitely be avoided. A total anti-climax. Still I am happy that we chose cinc sentsis. It was a pleasant and instructive experience . I wish this place all the best in their food mission.