“Consistent and Assuredly Great!”
Review of Cinc Sentits

Cinc Sentits
Ranked #183 of 9,931 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Awarded a Michelin star since 2008, and rated #1 for food in Barcelona by Zagat, Cinc Sentits has created a buzz in Barcelona. Prodigal chef Jordi Artal's playful experiments with Catalan tastes, aromas, textures, layers, and sensations is cutting edge stuff. He recommends the seasonal tasting menu, letting each course bring a new and exciting sensation to your palate. There is a 6-course and a shorter 4-course version of the menu, both available with an optional wine pairing. All this, plus professional yet friendly multilingual service in a modern setting.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been here twice on business luncheons while this third time, i brought the family. There are the classics but always a few new surprises. My girls enjoyed themselves and my wife was surprised at the value of the meal. it is truly great food in a very sleek understated ambience. It's no wonder theyve such good reviews consistently. Service is also always pleasant and efficient. Do make a reservation in advance or be disappointed.

1  Thank Sobel67
There are newer reviews for Cinc Sentits

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Cinc Sentits should be one of the places to go if you are on a foodie trip to Barcelona. Jordi Artal is a fantastic chef who knows how to get the best out of high quality ingredients and some of the dishes were wonderfully designed, and memorable.
We booked for lunch and decided to go for their "sensacions" menu (they also have a cheaper menu and a "gastronomic" menu at 110EUR). The menu is 2 starters, 1 fish, 1 meat, cheese, and two desserts, and you can choose wine pairings for an additional 45 EUR. On the day we visited, we were offered some alternatives (oyster or reinvented pan tomato as a starter, suckling pig or squab for the main meat dish). I chose the pan tomate and the squab, and I was impressed.
The chefs clearly master cooking techniques and almost everything, from the technical and the design point of view, was perfectly accomplished. I loved their maple syrup shot, the caramellized foie gras with chives, the poached albacore tuna, and the squab, as well as their small selection of cheese. The composition of strawberry dessert was nothing special, while the banana dessert was clearly well thought, even in its final salty notes. I was very happy with the food, and would definitely go back to taste the gastronomic menu.
Food-wise, Artal is clearly aiming for the second Michelin-star, and I think he deserves it once some parts of the menu are made less startling and harmonious.
I think they should work on some aspects of the service, however, if they want to reach an higher status. The staff was competent but I think they were a little understaffed (maybe because we visited at lunch). The maitre should take care only of the beverages instead of serving you, and I personally prefer to have a single waiter to serve my table rather than seeing four different waiters in the course of a meal. A plus was one of their older waiters, who was exceptional.
The bottom line: go there, have at least the tasting menu (and if you can choose the gastronomic menu with their classics), and follow the maitre's advice on wine pairings (something which I regret we couldn't do because we were on a tight tourist schedule and had things to visit in the afternoon). Be sure to reserve in advance (another plus was how helpful they were in communicating with me in the days before final reservation).

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This must have been one of the best meals I have had in my life - not just the food, but the whole performance of it. We arrived dead on 8.30 at this intimate but stylish restaurant, after having booked online about five days before. It was a Tuesday night, so I think that's why we were able to get a table. There were about three other couples there at the same time - more people came along during the evening. we had been worried that we might be overwhelmed and have to conduct our conversation in whispers. Not a bit of it. service was charming, friendly and efficient. we had the sensations tasting menu and it was divine, with small plates of tastes that exploded on your tongue. I wish now we had also gone for the wine pairings, but never mind... we had an excellent bottle of white that was far less expensive than you would pay in a Michelin-stared restaurant in the UK. Beautiful food, beautifully presented and I'm so glad we went.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I ate here when in Barcelona a few weeks ago. We arrived at 10:00pm and were finished just after midnight after a great relaxing meal. The food was very good and imaginatively presented. It is always interesting to see what is coming out next. I had let them know of a food allergy when reserving and it was accommodated. The tastings were a nice change of pace and I would return next time I am in Barcelona.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

An amazing dinner in a truly inventive restaurant, where the food and the presentation go hand in hand. Everything we had was outstanding, unique and delightful. A memorable dinner from a highly talented chef!