“Very good breakfast ”

Ranked #2,283 of 9,931 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I have learned to avoid most restaurants and bars on la rambla main street cause they are over priced and most of them have really bad food. But i had breakfast in this restaurant once and was really good with friendly staff. Would go there again

There are newer reviews for Cafe de L'Opera

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Had great breakfast for an average price. "Tortilla", crema catalana were very good. .........................

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is the place for hot Spanish chocolate & churros (lots of it).

Again, we follow out tried-and-worked rules - see if the locals go there and what do they eat......

We walked in for breakfast at around 9 am. There were a few locals there - some were having a very small cup of "thick" (and I really mean "thick") chocolate and churros. We ordered the same thing. The waiter is a funny Spanish guy. We had no idea what he was saying - but we understand each other enough :)

The hot Spanish chocolate arrived and this brighten the day for my wife & my mother - see the photos. Churros is similar to a miniaturised version of Chinese fried dough stick - which is usually eat with congee. Here, we dipped the churros into the hot chocolate and is a different experience. Needless to say that the churros were not enough and we ordered more (in order to soak up the hot chocolate). Even though we walked a lot in Barcelona, but we were sure that we are taking in more calories - but WHAT THE HECK right !

We also ordered mushroom and ham ommlettes. Very enjoyable.

We walked out satisfied with the food (our stomach test), as well as with the services of the funny waiter.

If you are thinking about hot chocolate and churros, look no further ! Enjoy.

1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We chose to have breakfast here on two occasions .On the fist after good service and great food We paid the bill and the waiter asked if we had the correct money,I explained if he didnt give me change I couldnt tip him ,he just smiled and asked for the correct amount !
Second visit was a Sunday and very busy,all I can say is this place knows about good service.

Go,its fun and was full of locals on the days we went.I guess they know a thing or two.

1  Thank Bordertroot
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stopped here twice for coffee and brandy, because my wife read about the place in a Ruis Zafon novel, although on the Ramblas only Spanish customers. Huge Torres 10 brandy for 3.40E, quick service.

1  Thank Michael B