“Lots of choices so little time”
Review of Mercat Princesa - CLOSED

Mercat Princesa
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on our last nite. It was great to see so many different choices and be able to try so many of them. Its not cheap but its all very good. Good place to try and i recommend it. Only wish i could go back again n try some more choices.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Today we tried both the breakfast and the tapas. The food was good and the variety was amazing. Will go her again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Intersting concept and nicely designed space but the service was a little lacking from some stalls and the quality of the food was disappointing. Visited the bar and the Indo-Chine stall; the food just wasn't that great and when I ordered the guy just walked away and cooked the food so I was unsure if I was to stand and wait for him to return or go and find a seat. The whole place just needs a little work, like putting a price list up for bar drinks! It's not that clear if it's self service for the whole mercat or if you pay and they bring food over to you. Either way, the food was way too salty and I think I'd prefer to just return for drinks and a small snack.

1  Thank space4travel
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am a very honest reviewer, I know the title is a bit of a big shout but the food I ate here was the best I have had. Set in trendy El Born, I would say this area is the Shoreditch of Barca. Surrounded by stalls of different food you can pick from each one. Me and a group went for my mums 50th with Spanish friends who live in BCN (they recommended this place). We enjoyed tasty Spanish wine, ate eggs & chorizo covered in honey, delicious manchego cheese, the best Calamari any of us had ever tried, meat from the meat stall cooked in front of us to perfection and sat on stools in true Tapas style trying different bits. What a great dining experience! Everyone needs to experience it.

1  Thank Rebecca F
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Near Bcn downtown, located in " El Born". It's a space with tables spread all over the main floor. Sorrounding them you can find different options to eat. You can find spanish ham restaurant, " butifarres", paella, a restaurant specialized in eggs : omelet, scrambled eggs, "huevos estrellados", japanese restaurant.... A lot of options are displayed to have a really nice meal with friends, family or with your couple.