“wowed and uberexcited!!”
Review of Ca l'isidre

Ca l'isidre
Reserve with
Ca l'isidre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #787 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Ca l'Isidre is the best formal Catalan restaurant in Barcelona. Royalty, celebrities and gourmets have been returning to this small family-owned, art-filled treasure since it opened just off El Paral.lel avenue and inside the Raval quarter in the 70s. Because it relies on what catches chef-owner Isidre Girones at the nearby La Boqueria market that morning, the menu changes day by day. Go for the classics every time: the sausages, grilled prawns, fried codfish, and lamb brains in black butter, for example, are out of this world. A special mention goes to Ca l'Isidre creative desserts. A must-visit restaurant.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

it's a MUST. all my friends and clients love the place- great family, nice servicre, and product, product and product.
the new generation, Nuria, is mantaining what she learnt from his father and giving her own character.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We are in Barcelona for a long weekend and were recommended this wonderful restaurant by two lots of friends. Delicious food well presented and with very good service - we were lucky enough to be here for the wonderful mushroom season which the waiter recommended.
Many Spaniards and few tourists so we knew we had found one of the best places to eat in Barcelona!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I visited Ca l'isidre on a trip to Barcelona a year ago and we are visiting again on our trip this year. Very intimate dining experience with great service in a restaurant that is not overrun by tourists. Would recommend a visit on a trip to this great city

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was recommended this place by my fiance, who had waited on people that knew the owners. I was traveling without him after a course for school but trust his opinion because he's a culinary school graduate. Let me just say, I had a great experience! The service was lovely and the food was very good. The wine recommendations were spot on and I even bought a bottle of one of the recommendations. As an American tourist, they were gracious and spoke English to me, as my Spanish is not as good as their English is. It's been a few months since I was there, but I don't remember this place being too pricey. If I make it to Barcelona again, I would certainly come back.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a great restaurant, and the food and service were outstanding. The gazpacho was especially noteworthy, as we had read in a NYT’s review, http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/06/03/travel/03choice.html?pagewanted=all. The gazpacho was the best we had eaten, smooth and luscious, and we were pleased when our server shared a key ingredient when we asked him about it (you will have to go and ask yourself; be forewarned, however, that knowing the secret does not mean we amateurs can make the soup as well as they can!). We celebrated a special occasion with friends here in June (35th wedding anniversary), and we could not have asked for a better experience. When we told a Barcelonan that we had eaten here, he complimented us finding a place that locals consider a great restaurant, in a city full of great restaurants. It is not a cheap meal by any means, but Ca l'isidre is up there with other fabulous restaurants around the world in which we have eaten in the past few years, in various cities throughout North American and Europe.