“Brilliante Boadas!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: La Rambla
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Brilliante Boadas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you enjoy good drinks done by professionals who know and understand the art of cocktails, this is the place for you. My friend and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Spain and we indulged in the drinks at Boadas on two occasions. If we had know about this bar at the start of our visit, we would have gone every day!

The bartenders at Boadas are Cocktail Masters who have clearly honed their craft. On our first visit, my friend and I tried the famous daiquiris, the recipe for which came straight from Cuba via Ernest Hemingway. They were delicious. I don't think I'll be able to drink another frozen, over-surgared slushy daiquiri concoction again. On our second visit, we each had a Manhattan, another drink for which the bar is famous. Fantastic! We also were treated to the extra drink left over from another patron who ordered an Alexander. Where have these drinks been all my life!

In terms of service, this place was great. Barcelona service can be slow and a little removed at times, but here the bartenders were lovely, attentive, and timely with our bill. We also had a lovely time talking to some of the regulars and just enjoying the classic ambience. This place is a must! You will love it! Gracias por todos, Boadas!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails with a great bar staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stumbled upon this bar after dinner and I was immediately impressed by the old school bartenders in bowties and jackets. No menu and the drinks weren't cheap but the bartenders knew had to make a stiff drink! Great atmosphere!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Professional people with a smile and great drinks!! See them prepare and serve a drink, is is pure magic.

Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cocktails Plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love it. For all the reasons mentioned in other reviews. We have been several times and NEVER have we been surrounded by drunks or had a bad drink, so wonder what happened with the odd bad reviewer. You must be careful as they do the "Spanish pour" here - that means, no skimping on the alcohol - and most of our family could do a drink or two at most. So that keeps the cost down! We met Senora Boadas once - a classy woman whose father started the bar - and she went behind the bar and mixed a few with style - this from a woman who had to be past 75 and might have been older but was hard to tell! I love Vintage anything (due to my age, vintage for me means pre-50's), and this place is SO REAL. But yeah, don't wear shorts, or be too naked (not usually a problem in my generation, but the younger set is freer with the belly, crotch and breast exposure!) - my husband was not let in once and he is an obvious business guy who was in shorts. Usually it is full of locals - too expensive for students and budget travellers. One night theatre-goers filled it up, all in gorgeous vintage clothes. Wish it was my local.

• Visited January 2013
india
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Vintage, classy with a rich history. Boadas has the atmosphere, bartenders in tuxedos and no menu. Just stirring cocktails and its not cheap. A must do if you like your drink and definitely check out the wall art and photographs.

Visited July 2012