“Delicious meal for decent price”
Review of Agua

Agua
Ranked #760 of 9,933 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Last week I visited Barcelona and had dinner in Agua. I recommend it to all of you who are interested in having delicious sirloin (solomillo) with caramelised apple in restaurant with modern design and good music (smooth jazz). Price was comparable to other places.

There are newer reviews for Agua

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Agua again this year after having our best meal in Barca here last yr. Still phenomenal, still amazing fideos and pretty much every dish we tried; fried artichokes, pan con tomat y Jamon and the sangria was very tasty. BTW, for those reading my review, my visits were a year apart, but the crack TA team just got around to posting my Jan 2011 review.

Hey Tripadvisor, try not to take 11 months to post this review like you did my last one.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice position right on the beach. Ate here one night in May 2012. Food was good too. Enjoyed eating there and the ambience.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The location, basically on the beach was outstanding and they were able to squeeze us in without reservation. Those are the only two nice things I can say about the place. The menu was highly disappointing with few choice of seafood (You would think a place on the beach would have plenty of seafood options) and an overall selection we found weird. The special aperitivo was champagne and Foie Gras ( I did not get the note telling Barcelona was in France)and this was only the cherry on the top of the cake. The whole menu looked like a mix of food coming from other places and put together to make the place look fancy. But this was not even the worse part. While the appetizesr were at least decent, both the main courses ( monkfish with tomato puree and risotto with asparagus and sausage) were increadibly salty and we where unable to eat them. Only one of the waiter spoke english and, as result, the wine we got was as good as throwing 18 euros outside the window. Total came to about 80 euro for 2 appetizer 2 entrees and 1 bottle of wine plus two orders of bread ( we did not order bread, they brought us some with the appetizers, we eat less than half of it, and they brought another one with the entrees we did not even touch. Paying for bread in Barcelona is not uncommon but they should ask you before bringing it) which seemed pretty expensive. The only thing I am glad of is that i had an other full day to spend in Barcelona to make up for this shameful experience

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed tapas, a steak lunch and a pleasant dessert, all with the prospect of a winter sun shining on the sand and sea.

A very typical Spanish eatery with a fairly short menu and pleasant, helpful staff. The main course was prepared as requested and the tapas were delicious (I particularly enjoyed the artichokes which were fried in a light and salty batter - shan't mention that one at my annual medical!).

The hazelnut mousse for dessert was interesting but incredibly sweet. Came here on a recommendation and was not disappointed