“Good neighborhood tapas place”
Review of Bar Celta

Bar Celta
Ranked #1,112 of 10,345 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My friends and I, tapas newbies, came here late one night for an overdue dinner - I had noticed the high reviews in my trip planning and very glad we acted on the recommendations. It IS on Carrer de la Princesa (easily accessible) and incidentally less than 5 minutes away from where we were staying in the Born district. The place was buzzing with activity when we arrived. The majority of the seating is inside and there were about 4 small tables outside. We ended up waiting 20 minutes for an outdoor seat (worth it though the server told us it'd be a 5 minute wait). Their signature octopus tapas was superb (I'm not much of a shellfish person but this was great) and I thoroughly enjoyed the other things we ordered including the Sangria (mild but just right) and the green peppers (Spanish name escapes me). The place is indeed no frills (as others mentioned) but appears to be a fixture in the neighborhood. I had a good overall experience - the great food, lively atmosphere, friendly servers and taking in the sights and sounds of the night time scene. I'd definitely return and certainly recommend Bar Celta.

1  Thank Brisa D

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Bar Celta as we usually do when we're in BCN but - oh, no - the Bar was gone! After checking their website we found out that they still exist, but moved to another place which is in about 10 minutes walking distance (Carrer Princesa 50, with Carrer Comerç, 08003 Barcelona).

The Bar still serves for our taste very good seefood tapas (would be a 5 star rating) but the old place lived of it's patina. The new one looks and feels like every other tapas bar. That's a 3 star rating for me and that's why I gave 4 stars as the overall rating...

Reviewed May 16, 2014

A place to eat classic tapas in a very casual environment with no frills. The bar can get noisy and the waiters will start yelling orders across the bar, but it’s all part of the fun and experience. Here you will find many of the classics like bombas, chocos, bravas, chipirones, pimientos de pardon, pulpo and more and more. Lots of tapas on display so it makes ordering relatively easy. This bar used to be in the Gothic Quarter and has recently moved neighbourhoods to El Born. (Be sure to go the correct location which is now on Princesa street, on the corner with Comerç street)

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Without any doubt the best pulpo a la Gallega you can eat here in Barcelona. They recently moved to c/ Princesa 50 after leaving their historical bar in c/ de la Merce. Great food and busy athmosphere; perfect if you want to eat son good fish tapas in a friendly place.

2  Thank Fabrizio A
Reviewed May 4, 2014

the best "pulpo a la gallega" in Barcelona! the previous restaurant in c/ de la Merce was one of the oldest in town, the new place is still a great place to go!

1  Thank MauriBCN