“Awful” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agua Alegre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Agua Alegre
Ranked #484 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Easily the worst hotel I have ever stayed in....not cheap either at 80euros per night. would have left but didn,t fancy chances of a refund. If you want cracked mirrors, dirty floors and dirty bedspreads...look no further. Double bedroom had bed and one old wardrobe, and that was about it....whole room lit by two tiny wall lights. The whole hostel is tired looking...paint peeling everywhere....heard lots of people complaining about state of place, and think a few left after first night.I would have felt cheated at 20euros a night.....shame because its in quite a nice part of Barcelona.....I read somewhere that it has recantly been refurbished...no evidence to support this, and I did look hard. Bench outside room had what appeared to be old blood stains.....I could go on!!!!

Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Krakow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Horrible place to stay even for one night ... I booked 4 nights but after one night we canceled reservation - one night was VERY Expensive - 65 EURO!!!! Very dangerous elevator !!!! in the room is basically NOTHING !!!! Don't go there ... you can find any other better Hotel/Hostel in that location - from our room we had a view on staircase - we were unable to sleep because of noise and temperature - (only small & ventilator / fan) All in all DISASTER !!!! Very expensive Disaster....

1 Thank GEGEKrakow

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed in this hostel for 3 nights in a private double room. When I am looking for a hostel (NOT a hotel), I expect a lower price, a bed and a shower. We paid 172 Eur. for three nights, which would have been decent enough. However. The mattress was so bad I got bruises on my body from sticking springs. The shower was broken and we could not wash up normally - the water was running everywhere except for the shower head. The room was incredibly small (as opposed to what was shown in the pictures online), not overly clean either.
On top of everything, I found it reasonable to ask for a discount for all the inconveniences during our checkout. However, the staff was unwilling to even consider my request, nor did they provide me with the contacts of the manager, finding an excuse that he is spending time with his family (instead of being available and responsible for what is happening at his hostel).
I do not reccommend Aqua Alegre for those who want to get accommodation for the value of their money.

Room Tip: The private double room had a window to the backyard and wasn't at all noisy.
1 Thank Ginte_Smilte
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I booked this online. My plans changed so with months of warning I wanted to cancel and hoped a refund. I would of understood if they would take out an administrative fee. But no, they would not refund my money. I made it clear that I was still coming so they couldn't double dip and two payments for the room. Unhappy with service.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

They respected my wish to be on a upper floor to start. That was really helpful because this hotel can be really noisy. The guy at the reception desk could speak ENglish and fluent French. He was nice and friendly.
The room was bright but the windows did not close properly. The bedding quality was OK.
The good surpirse was the fridge and kitchnette for breakfast.
The bathroom is ok, not dirty but very old.
The good point is the terrasse where you can have a drink ( the reception sells bottles of wine and it is not expensive) and even enjoey your breakfast, there is always someone to talk with !

Oh and the elevator is a real experience ! Very old one, really nice ( typical from the 40s-50s) but can bear only 2 persons ( we tried 4 and we actually blocked it!!)

Very good situation, quite calm during the weekend. We have already recommended this place to a friend, because the room rate is cheap for this city !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at this hostel for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip and then 1 night before heading back to the states. The 24 hour desk people all spoke English for the most part. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The balcony/garden area was great. The wifi worked in our second room but not in our first. It worked in the garden great. The hostel was close to Passeig de Gracia and easy to get anywhere else in the city via the metro. It is no frills, but I would stay again if I was looking for something safe, clean and close to the sites.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bassano Del Grappa, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

It is a no frills place, don't expect a 5 stars hotel, it's an 'Hostal'.
it was clean as i expected.
We had a big, essential room,
personal was friendly and helpful,
only we gave credit card number only as garancy,
and they loaded the complete amouth for the four days -and gave me a receipt- without asking before.
great sun terrace.