“Fantastic ”

Moloka'i SUP center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Moloka'i SUP Center is the place to go if you want enjoy stand up paddle in Barcelona city, passionate sea people will lead you to have a good experience on the board. Paddle away to keep your body fit, relax and forget your worries, have fun, observe the skyline from a different point of view, improve your stroke technique... We're prepared to give you everything you need. We adapt to each person to give an exclusive and personalised service, it doesn't matter the age or physically conditions, there're no limits to enjoy the sea. Don't doubt it, just come and do it!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Did a private SUP lesson with Moloka’i SUP centre for two people. First time SUP on the sea and our instructor Miguel made us feel very safe and was incredibly patient. We were able to work on specific areas that we had trouble with (turning and standing up confidently on the waves). There are showers and changing rooms, wetsuits and really good quality sup boards to use. Would definitely recommend and will be going back.

Miquel R, Director General at Moloka'i SUP center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Thank you Ian for your time leaving your message. It makes me very happy to know we achieve our goal again: answer all your questions about paddle surfing and help you to feel more comfortable and confidence when you paddle out. As we always say: the right equipment and the perfect spot helps you to go further, that's reason we provide the best boards and paddles, and our teachers are all certified. Hope to see you soon in Barcelona.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"waves"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

We been to Barcelona few times but never tried paddle boarding but I must say what an experience. The guys are great, really attentive and answer all emails promptly. We had to change our booking due to weather and they accommodate us with no problem. Highly recommend the Molokai to anyone. We defiantly be back!

Miquel R, Director General at Moloka'i SUP center, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2018

HI Edyta, Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It is our aim to deliver safe and fun classes, which is why when something unforeseen, such as the weather, affects the conditions of the sea, we ensure that we can arrange a different time slot so that you can still come and enjoy this sport! It maks us happy to hear that you enjoyed the class and that you were happy with the services provided. We hope to see you again in Barcelona soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

My girlfriend and I booked out first SUP lesson here after talking about trying for a long time. We really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend anyone to give it a go! Miquel was an excellent teacher. We can't wait to try it again in the (slightly colder) UK.

Hi Tom, thanks for leaving your message! We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your lesson with our qualified teacher at Moloka'i! Our aim is to provide such an environment where you feel safe and confident on your board whilst you can enjoy the sea and have fun, all at the same time! It's also great to hear that you are looking forward to trying this sport again in the UK! We hope to see you again should you return to Barcelona.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

I was initially quite nervous about trying paddle boarding because I've never really done any water sports before. However, my teacher, Miquel, was fantastic and, as soon as we were on the water, I felt really at ease. Balancing was hard work but I really enjoyed it and it didn't matter that I fell off a couple of times because I was with a nice group of people and we all just had a giggle. As well as having fun, I felt like I really learned something that I would like to continue and it was also a good work out - I was exhausted by the end!! I think that Moloka'i is a fantastic school with a great group of people and I will definitely be going back either for more lessons or to hire a board. Muchas gracias!

Hi Hollie! Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time above your board (and falling in - all part of the learning process!). Our goal is to deliver classes in a safe environment where our qualified teachers can help our students to build confidence and really enjoy their time in the water, so we are really glad to hear that we helped you to overcome your initial nerves and ace it on the board! We hope to see you again in Barcelona so that you can keep practising our sport!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

I ve been living here for 9 months and it is the worst experience in Barcelona. They charged me 50 euros because holding rope tore while i was holding as normal. Boards are old and waiting moment to be broken. Dont recommend at all. It was glued for sure and it got broken after we used 1 hour in the sea. Dont dont dont. Here are some pictures

Miquel R, Director General at Moloka'i SUP center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2017

Hi Berk! Thank you for your time leaving a message. It's very sad when something like this happens, I mean when you rent a board you sign a rental agreement and one of the conditions says very clear you leave a deposit of 50€ that will be returned gently if the material are in same conditions as were given, that's to avoid you use wrong the board and the paddle, of course we don't like to take the deposit, this is not our business, I told you, but you came with board broke.

About the material, all our material is on right conditions and ready to be used, is difficult to find in Barceloneta beach adjustable carbon fiber paddles or different sort of inflatable boards (allround, race, surf and river) for all levels, and everybody who know a bit of this subject knows the inflatables boards are made in PVC layers glued between them, also the handle, I guess you can understand it's not possible to stitch it up.

When a board is not used appropriately, as a toy for example, playing with friends, two people on it, jumping on it, going on the rocks, definitely is easy to get some damage. So, what I can tell you is if you want a toy not come to our place, you can find a cheaper places around us and they not going to ask you any deposit because they don't care about if the material has fins, leashes, etc. when you leave it back.

Thank you to remember us we're doing a good job taking care of our material to offer you the best equipment.