“Visit to Sunotel Barcelona”
Review of Sunotel Central

Sunotel Central
Ranked #334 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 13, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Catherine B
There are newer reviews for Sunotel Central

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Definitely not 4 stars no bar Sunday- Thursday . 2nd room given ok 1st room grim small no light.
Used pool couple of times .... Very small no towels & view yes but not the best in Barcelona ! Very basic hotel .

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lynne00
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is ok. We stayed in double bedroom with breakfast. Room is not too big, bed is too hurt sleep on. Breakfast was great as you have lots of choices eggs, fruit or sausages...
On end of the trip we had to pay 5 euros for Tourist tax. The staff didn't inform us about the fountains which we find out didn't work.
Bit Barcelona is beautiful :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michaela M
Reviewed January 15, 2014

On my first visit I was favorably impressed by the Front Desk and the location, and this time I asked for and received larger rooms on the front (lovely view and small balcony to step out on).

So I was even happier to see that prices seemed to have actually gone down - we paid $91 each for two nights in a double room - average $45/night per person in the center of Barcelona? Pleasant surprise! The rooms were very comfortable for our purposes although the lighting in both the room and the bathroom was not quite adequate for my aging eyeballs...

We were a 10 minute walk from the Ramblas and even closer to two giant Corte Inglés stores. The restaurants, cafés (think churros and hot chocolate) and tapas bars are everywhere and each one better than the last! We did not eat in the hotel.

I recommend this hotel to everyone I know who goes to Barcelona on pleasure trips – and the friends I traveled with now love it, too!

And we found the food, drinks and shoppingin Barcelona to be less expensive than I remembered and much less than our stops in various Italian cities. The residents told us that all prices in Barcelona had been lowered to stimulate tourism in the Spain´s struggling economy, but that, even so, tourism was way down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front with the little balcony - lovely view of the Gran Vía
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank AniVeeCentralAmerica
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Absolutely not 4 stars hotel. Nothing special. Rom is small. Bed is hard. Breakfast is not included in our booking. The only thing which is ok with the hotel is near Metro station with 5 minuters walking. To the La Rambla with 10 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel having enjoyed my first.the location is perfect for sight seeing with las rambles and the gothic area about a 10 minute walk.There are plenty of nearby bars and cafés nearby and these are a lot cheaper than las rambles.
The hotel itself is clean and simple and the I found the breakfast ample.The rooms aren't the biggest in the world, typical European city size but I don't go to these places to stay in the room,purely just to get my head down.The price I paid was excellent considering the location.
There is a metro station about a 4 min walk away and this is a good way of getting round.
All in all I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are very quiet,but the views not so good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Livewire28
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for five nights with my boyfriend. Arrived before check in time but luckily there was a room available so check in was no problem. Went up to our room and was shocked by the size of it. It was so small there was barely any room even for our suitcase. It was really stuffy and when we opened the window the view was out onto the stairwell with a roof on top so no air could come through the window either and air contortionist wasn't much good. We asked if we could be moved and we're told there were no other rooms available. On the third day I could not stick the room anymore so I rang our tour operator who rang the hotel and and managed to sort a different room for our last two nights. This room was so much bigger and airy. The walls however are paper thin so we heard everything from the rooms beside us. There is no proper bar in the hotel and the hotel restaurant was open one night during our stay but we didn't try it as we didn't fancy anything on the menu. The best thing about this hotel is the location. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful if you need to no anything. There is a jacuzzi and a swimming pool on the roof which is nice just be careful as the tiles are very slippy when walking with wet feet. I didn't have breakfast there so I can't say what is like. I'm not fussy in general about hotels however I don't think I would go back to this one.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple