“Delicious and authentic Venezuelan cuisine”

El Rincon de la Abuela Venezolana
Ranked #749 of 11,854 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: La Sagrada Familia
Description: Bar specializes in Venezuelan Food Restaurant: Cachapas, Arepas, Criollo Pabellon, Empanadas, Hallacas, Tequeños and more.
Reviewed May 29, 2018

My family and I had lunch in this cozy restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious. You must try their Venezuelan arepas stuffed with chicken and avocado and their tasty shredded beef, rice, fried plantain and black bean dish...The restaurant was rather busy but the service was swift and efficient. The staff were friendly and attentive. The portions were generous and the dishes were reasonably priced.I highly recommend this restaurant for an authentic Venezuelan experience in Barcelona!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank 978oscar

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

I've never tried Venezuelan cuisine before and when I saw this restaurant being few blocks from my hotel, I couldn't resist not going there, and why should I. The food was delicious( try cheese fingers for a appitizer), staff was lovely and the prices are very decent considering the portions you get. Definitely give it a try, you won't regret it.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Matej M
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I went with my girlfriend and a friend, it was quite busy but they gave us a table straight,we ordered two starters between us and 3 main courses, unfortunately the waitress didn’t send my main so I’ve been waiting for it longer than others.
Staff friendly and food very tasty

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Huge and tasty food! Place is small, but is a really nice place to try Venezuelan food. Staff is gentle and prices are good. Depending on the hour you can take a huuuge line.

Date of visit: March 2018
La-Abuela-Venezolana, Propietario at El Rincon de la Abuela Venezolana, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Ohhhh... Thank You very much!!!

This is your house..

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

If you want to try something authentic and really nice Venezuelan food, this is one of the places to do so. Been here a couple of times and there are many things to try, even though you very fast get some favorites. Can’t wait to try the Tequeños that has been sold out the last 3 times I have been there

Date of visit: February 2018