We picked this via Friendly Rentals and for its location close to Las Ramblas. It's certainly a great location just steps off that main attraction, near to Plaza Real, easy walk to the marina and on a side street that runs down to a good metro where you can also catch the fernicular to Mountjuic. The Gaudi house Paul Guell is opposite but was closed during our stay.
Ours was an apartment for four which was fine for the two of us but would be disappointing if full. There is a large double bedroom (king sized bed though twin mattresses) but the twin is a cordened off area of the living room so you couldn't have anyone trying to sleep and others chatting on the sofa at the same time. Both bedrooms provided with ensuite shower/lavatory - tiniest bathrooms I've ever seen.
Our apartment (no 4) was at the back of the building and so we were not troubled with street noise. The bedroom had black out curtains and we slept well each night. There was a TV with Spanish channels and internet that we didn't use plus a mini hi-fi so we could play our own CDs.
The apartment is equipped with the basics but they've not spent much on the furniture. Kitchen units past their best and would be greatly improved with addition of items such as full length mirror (just a small mirror in the bathroom). Plenty of hot water.
We had stove, oven, fridge etc and enough kitchen equipment for our needs which was to make breakfast, though other meals would be possible. Only issue with the kitchen was that the kettle took about 15 minutes to boil on the stove but that's not unusual on the continent.
Check in via Friendly Rentals was OK. Their rep was about 20-30 minutes late in turning up but helpful enough. Cleaning in the apartment was adequate but don't look under the sofa!
Overall if you are seeking a central location with the freedom to make your own simple breakfast then this would be a reasonable choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MH Apartments Güell are located in a quiet street within the historic city centre of Barcelona. Central, spacious and well equiped they are perfectly location to discover Barcelona's charms, shopping and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your MH Apartments Guell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mh Apartments Guell Hotel Barcelona
- MH Apartments Guell Barcelona, Catalonia