good option if you don't plan on staying to long in the hotel!
PROS: excellent location in the gotic quarter, hotel is clean and modern, wifi works great, bathroom is quite large for the size of the room. there is a lovely hot tub and pool terrace on the roof.
CONS: if you are a solo traveller the single room might be small (single bed), my shower leaked water into the bathroom if not careful in pointing the nozzle far from the shower door, aircon stopped working after day 1 and was always heating up the room, ,y friend's room was very noisy as it had a communicating door to the neighbours' one.
overall it's good value for money, but there are a few kinks to be ironed out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Avinyo hotel stands in a privileged location in the centre of Barcelona. Only a few metres from Ferran and Ample street and very close to Las Ramblas and Plaza Sant Jaume. This hotel is situated on Avinyo street plenty of tradition and character and with a wide variety of modern shops and boutiques and located in the real heart of the Gothic Quarter. Other places of interest near the hotel include the Cathedral and Liceu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Avinyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Avinyo Barcelona
- Catalonia Avinyo Hotel Barcelona