Open today: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $124.30
from $43.53
from $34.37
More Info
All reviews wine tasting tasting experience jamon tapas a great wine shop el born amazing experience great fun our tour guide misty vermouth cava vermut meats knowledge porton winemaker
Reviewed January 11, 2019

My Mum and I recently did a gold wine tasting here. The experience was fabulous from start to finish, and my Mum said the evening was the highlight of her visit to us in Barcelona. The wine tasting was really enjoyable and relaxed while at the same time offering wines of amazing quality from smaller producers that I doubt we would have had the chance to discover if not for the tasting. Misty and Jose are fantastic, and their wine knowledge is seriously impressive as is their ability to impart it in a fun way. If you book a tasting you probably shouldn't plan on going for dinner afterwards - the food that accompanies the tasting is really delicious and is served in extremely generous amounts! In general we like to go here for wines and snacks and the welcome is always really warm and genuine. You can let Jose know what kind of wine you feel like drinking and he will always pick the perfect wine based on your description. This place is fantastic and I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I experienced a Gold Flight and had a wonderful experience. Service was absolutely perfect and the wine/food was to die for.

We recommend.
Jessie

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2018

I recently organised a trip to Barcelona for a large group of friends to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. I was looking for somewhere to host a Cava tasting so we could learn more about the region's wine (and drink lots of it too...) so contacted Misty at Bodega Maestrazgo. I'm so glad I did as the tasting was the highlight of our weekend!

The bodega itself is a great setting and Misty could not have been more helpful with the organisation (she even helped me to find somewhere that could seat us all for dinner) and the event itself was as informative and interesting as it was tasty. We all learned how to handle a Porrin and now know what sticker to look out for on the top of Cava bottles if we want to identify the age (do you want to know too? Book with Misty!). The tapas provided with the tasting was delicious and we just couldn't have had a better evening. Muchas gracias!

Reviewed November 23, 2018

We wanted to buy two bottles of wine to bring home that would remind us of our Thanksgiving trip to Barcelona. We also wanted to support a family-owned business. We knew nothing about Spanish wines, and we were so lucky to find this shop with great reviews in Yelp. (Sorry, Trip Advisor). We were educated by the owner on Catalan wines and the efforts of winemakers to go back to traditional ways of making wine in Spain. We talked about philosophies of wine-making going on in Catalonia and in Spain. We learned so much AND we had such a lovely time. Why we didn’t ask the name of the owner I don’t know. He is charming and intelligent and a gracious host!!! He was so kind to us and spent a lot of time with us. We are so grateful and look forward to drinking our two bottles of Maimo by Joseph Grau with friends in the US who will appreciate it. THANK YOU for a great experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2018

We had a wine tasting event at our office and it was great! Guys prepared everyting, we had just to come and enjoy the amazing wines and pairing with cheeses and charcuterie. Guys explained us everythig about wines we tasted very nicely, and everyone enjoyed themselfves a lot.