Que Tal
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$236
$205
Acta Antibes(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$153
$140
Ibis Barcelona Pza Glories 22(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$110
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$193
$156
  • Restaurant
Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults only(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$195
$155
  • Beachfront
Barcelona Princess(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$185
$169
  • Pool
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$217
$185
$259
Hilton
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$340
$322
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$155
$149
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed there in August and it was too hot to sleep, with only ceiling fan working. Shared bathroom was clean and almost always free to use. Unfortunately, we weren't assertive enough to demand different room, but we should have. It was just by the entrance and we heard all the noisy people coming in and out. Also, the downstairs Muscleria restaurant procided us with smells and noises until 2 am. We weren't there for only two nights, but longer stay wouldn't have been pleasant.
Wifi was good and fast. The location is central, so we walked everywhere. For longer trips, metro. The room was very big, but dark because of sunblocking shutters. Furniture old and no place to hang towels to dry.
To sum up, in this price, not worth it, look for sth else.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milka P
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Noisy, smelled of smoke, sheets too small for mattress so bunched up each night. Worn and tired looking, - not like it looks on the website. Walls were dirty. Hard to get a good night's sleep because of smoke and noise. Conversations seemed to be taking place in our room. Had to resort to ear plugs but ear plugs couldn't keep the smell of smoke out which I think was coming from the staff person in the room across the hall. We were in room 5 on first floor. Shower was clean and water pressure good but very tight space. Window could open but not easily and no screen. Overhead fan which I didn't try because it looked too dirty. If your budget is very tight, you will be okay here. If you can afford a bit more, try to find someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xy789z
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Coming back to Europe for the 3rd time and having last experienced some of the worst hostels in Europe – while in the Netherlands – I was definitely hesitant about my first hostel experience in Spain. I mean, coming this time for business, I did have my baby (i.e., the macbook and such) in tow. And if you know anything about me, you would know I get nervous at the sight of people picking the machine up to hand it to me, let alone clean a room around it. But all was fine, and I continue to write my reviews on my beloved.

Now, while it was one of the finer hostels I have stayed at, it was still a hostel. Thus, the shared bathroom and uncomfortable mattress that reminded me of the days when I could afford a massage, are a given. And while it is not a hostel that tries to be super trendy and decorate with IKEA furniture to encourage young travelers, it is one that understands your needs and provides them. For example, an espresso vending machine for when you are tired, and a soda machine for when you are hung over.

Overall, however, the owners are friendly and if you require it, speak English. The location, in the Eastern Eixample, is perfect. And the rooms (even though you can sometimes hear your neighbors in the next room) are private and comforting. Though, there is no lift to get up to the second level. So, if you need it, request to stay on the main floor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Conovela08
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed there in May. The staff was polite, they served you a tea or coffee. I liked the balcony that faced the inner yard – it was very nice to sit there in the evening and drink wine. The walls are too thin and I was able to hear the sounds of passion from the adjacent room. Well, at average it is ok, but do not expect much!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2009

While the hotel/hostal is well located and cheap, I would never recommend it. We paid for the night's accommodation upon arrival but then actually looked for somewhere else to stay and left once we had found another hotel. The building stank of smoke – it seemed that the windows had not been opened in months. Our room was not clean. Badly in need of renovation. There are plenty of better budget options in Barcelona.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple