“Lovely hotel and staff but dissapointing food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market Hotel

Market Hotel
Ranked #265 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
“Lovely hotel and staff but dissapointing food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights. I cannot fault the hotel itself and the staff are very helpful and pleasant but the food in the restaurant left a little to be desired.

The room we had was lovely and clean and I think had the best shower I'd ever used before, felt like standing under a waterfall. Shame we didn't have time to try the huge bath!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed there with my wife for nearly a week and I have to say that I enjoyed my staying very much! First of all, I was so pleased with the friendly, warm and excellent service of all the staff who work there; Always smiling, helpful, ready to assist you on anything you might need. Excellent. Our room was very spacious, clean, equipped with a comfortable bed and a nicely decorated shower. Even though the hotel is part of an old building that is situated on a main road, our room was quiet enough and the antiqued, "Catalan old style" decoration added much to our enjoyment. Also, it is very close to the San Antoni Metro station (roughly 5mins walk), from where you can easily navigate Barcelona at ease. Barcelona is a beautiful, clean and friendly city to visit with lots to see. Quite expensive though, therefore we chose a value for money hotel to counterbalance the cost. Hotel Market not only met our expectations, it exceeded them by far. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed on room 312 with view to the Carrer Borell. It doesn't offer much of a view but it was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank androsg8
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

What sets this hotel apart is the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff who were ready and willing to answer all our questions as first time visitors to the city on a short break. The location is excellent for access to and from El Prat, very close to the A2 bus line. The room was beautiful and well appointed and the shower was great. Breakfast was great and the bar service in the evening was laid back and elegant. Food was great quality and buzzing restaurant atmosphere. Only criticism would be a long queue for the coffee machine in the morning - but it was a coffee worth the wait!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank yclepit
Santiago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent 1 week recently in Barcelona (convention). A nice surprise to discover this Hotel, old but new fashioned building located in a center quartier, 2 blocks from metro line1 (gran via de cortes catalanes, Urgell station) 5 minutes by walk. The room was very spacious, the bed not so comfortable as I expected, but was enough for a good rest after a very busy day. It would be perfect with a frigo bar and a pool. Wifi runs fast in the room. The room was very quiet, even if you stay above the restaurant. If you want to take a walk around, you can find the Rambla avenue by 15 minutes walking through the old city plenty of bars and nice little streets.
The restaurant merits a good commentary. The menu list was very complete, the price was affordable (1 glass of a tasty spanish wine, tapas, principal and a huge dessert = 25 Euros/person). It had a very tasty dinner in a good ambiance, open till 2 am. The bar very nice also. The staff always expecting to help you!
I really recommend it. If I need to come back to Barcelona I would be very pleased to get back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Market Hotel after reading Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Travelling by myself from Australia, I booked 3 nights at the Market Hotel the day after I arrived in Barcelona, after spending the previous night in a shoebox sized room in another hotel a few blocks away. For a very affordable price I got a very clean, well appointed, modern and spacious room, even though it was just myself staying the night. My 4th floor balcony and bathroom window opened to the street scene below, allowing cool breeze and sun into my room.
The staff were wonderfuly helpful and were very in tune with tourists requirements - assisting me with everything from tours, luggage, mail, storage and local recommendations. The motel has a bunch of cafes/bars on its doorstep and is a short walk to main roads and attractions. If you don't feel like venturing out, or if like me you get home from a tour quite late, the restaurant on the ground floor is welcoming and nothing short of delicious! Can't recommend this place enough - will stay again in a heartbeat. Muchos Gracias, Market Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Myself and husband had a wonderful 3 night stay at the Market Hotel in June. We loved the location which is about a 10 min walk from Las Ramblas (this was perfect for us as we found that area very tacky). We had the room right at the top of the hotel with a huge balcony, the room and bathroom were a fantastic size and the bed was extremely comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that, but I'm actually sorry we didn't. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the complimentary water and apples are a very nice touch. Can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had a wonderful one-week stay here for a conference recently. I asked for a quiet room and it was indeed quiet. The location is so convenient to the metro and many attractions, plus I loved the homey feel of the neighborhood. The decor, boutique feel, and roominess are all bonuses in my book. The restaurant had excellent food, and both the restaurant and hotel had friendly service. As a bonus, it's only 2 blocks from the Aerobus stop (use the Urgell stop). My colleagues at a nearby "conference" hotel were complaining, but I was not! It made me laugh that there was a huge pop-art poster of Mao on the wall across from my bed, as I'm getting ready to go to China.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business