“Excellent choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Nisia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #55 of 305 Barcelona B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What this B&B lacks in five-star design and decoration it certainly makes up for in homely charm, friendliness and location.

The B&B is on the main road between Diagonal and Fontana metro stations, but despite this you don't hear any noise. The three double rooms are located towards the back of the B&B, and there is a shared kitchen and living room. Rooms are somewhat basic but certainly provide everything you need, and the price is hard to beat. Breakfast is good.

Because the B&B is small you get lots of privacy, and Carina was very accommodating about our desire to sleep in in the mornings and have breakfast a bit later!

Alex and Carina are really helpful hosts and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Barcelona the next time I visit.

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms, but the one at the back on the left doesn't have very thick curt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Thank you to the TA reviewers who helped me choose this B&B. It is perfect for a stay in Barcelona, and Alex and Carina are such friendly and helpful hosts. Nisia is on a busy avenue, but the rooms are double-glazed, and certainly my room which was at the back, was very quiet. There were plenty of clothes hangers and a low shelf which you could store luggage under, and a higher shelf for lighter luggage.
Breakfast is cereal, kiwi and yoghurt, with meats, cheese and bread/toast and jam/marmalade with tea/coffee. I found it plenty, and didn't need to eat till late afternoon. It was nice to meet and sit with the other guests each morning, to share our experiences of the city.
There is a fridge and use of microwave and kettle anytime. The lounge is large and comfortable with a TV, DVD player and plenty of travel guides.
It is a 20 minute walk from Placa de Catalunya, but only 5 -10 minutes from either Fontana or Diagonal metro stops; although Fontana is slightly farther, it is downhill from there, if you have a lot of luggage. Nisia is next door to the tapas bar, and directly opposite DIR. It does have a very narrow entrance and stairs, but Carina and Alex helped me up and down with my luggage.
Nisia is on the same road as La Pedrera and Casa Battlo, which are also both near metro stops. La Sagrada is probably a 20 minute walk, but also at a metro.
So you have all the benefits of staying in a great city, without being in the busy centre, and it's like being in a home away from home. I hope to come back to Barcelona and stay at Nisia
again. Thank you Alex and Carina.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Calgary
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Look no further! This is a great location in a fabulous city. The rooms were simple, clean, and quiet, and the hosts were warm and friendly. It is a short walk to the main tourist attractions, so if you are looking at a map and thinking it might be a bit far, it is not at all!

The only "problem" we had was that the curtains weren't that dark and it got light in the room fairly early. If you are a light sleeper, bring your eyemask.

All in all, great value! We'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Traveling alone for my first trip to Europe I was pleased to read the reviews of Nisia Bed and Breakfast on tripadvisor and booked part of my stay with Alex and Carina. Nisia looks exactly like the pictures show, large community living room with dining area and kitchen, bedroom with ensuite bath. The location was excellent, many local shops nearby, close to 2 stops on the green metro line and a tourist information office (TI).
After some miscommunication with my son, I followed the directions given for public transportation from the airport to Nisia and found it no problem (I do not speak Spanish) and did not have a phone. Carina graciously let me leave my bag there (I had arrived early) while I walked to my son's apartment. The local area (off the main street) is quiet, quaint, with neighborhood plazas and all around there was superb architecture to stroll and see. There are many small shops and restaurants nearby. I always felt very safe in the Gracia area and in Barcelona and spent my days sightseeing by myself while my son was in class. Alex and Carina had some very useful books and offered the use of their computer to research or to print admission tickets. The free WIFI worked great!
The breakfast serve each morning was very filling and I often did not even think about food until mid afternoon. I enjoyed visiting with Alex and Carina in the mornings and with the other guests (a couple from France, we overlapped 1 day, and a family from England, sharing the apartment for 3 days). It was fun exchanging tourist information each day on what we had visited or done and how we got there. Alex and Carina always had suggestions and advice which was helpful.
The bedrooms are located in the back of the flat so they are not right on the street (much quieter). It is on the second floor with no elevator, if that is an issue for someone (the stairs are steep) - not a problem for me. This has got to be one of the best values in Barcelona and I am afraid it will not be kept secret for too long with all the awesome reviews it gets! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Nisia and would not hesitate to stay there again if I am ever lucky enough to come back to Barcelona. Thank you Alex and Carina.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank soccermomAustin
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I’m living in Barcelona, in Gracia neighborhood, my parents came to visit me and they stayed in Nisia B&B, it is a lovely and friendly place and the situation is perfect to move around the center of the city and to live the atmosphere of Gracia, very different to the crowed center ..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nathalie S
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a place where you can feel at home when travelling. The hosts, Alex and Carina, were extremely friendly and welcoming from the first moment we set foot in Nisia. They also had good tips on what to do and see in Barcelona. In addition to this there were travel guide books and maps available in the B&B as well.

The room was small but it was nice and clean with an en suite bathroom. The simple but sufficient breakfast was served every morning from 8.30 to 9.30 (working days) and it carried us well until lunchtime.

We didn't use the facilities of the common room very much since the weather was superb and we were out exploring and enjoying the city, but there are lots of options in the common room as well. There are books and games, a tv and a stereo. Also the free wifi is excellent.

The location is good along the metro L3 (green line), about halfway between the stops Fontana and Diagonal. Also the buses 22, 24 and 28 run right next to the building, but since the street is a one-way street, we only used the buses when travelling from the city center back to the hotel. The stops for the buses running in the other direction are located one block off of the hotel building, so when going to the city, we usually walked to the Diagonal metro station (5 minutes).

There are numerous little shops (grocery and other) in the vicinity. Also ATMs can be found effortlessly and there is a post office as well. The neighbourhood (Gracia) is very lively with numerous little plazas and nice bars and restaurants that are mainly filled with locals, so you can taste the real Barcelona very easily.

Travelled with girlfriend in April 2013, stayed for five nights. Excellent spring / summer weather during the whole stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Onion_Knight
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

There is a bedroom with ensuite, and use of the kitchen to make drinks and the living room to play games or watch DVDs is all included. The breakfast is plentiful, and the couple who run the apartments have travelled extensively, and are very friendly and helpful, and booked us tickets for places using their laptop.
Its about a mile from the city centre and close to Parc Gruel. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large window, facing out the back of the block.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family