“Excellent hotel close to everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Madanis Hotel

Madanis Hotel
Ranked #269 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel close to everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked the hotel from an Internet search and were really impressed. The room was clean and well finished, the bed was a lovely big size and we had a balcony from which we could see the stadium. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar staff were ice and friendly and we would thoroughly recommend this hotel. We plan to stay there again when we return to Barcelona. We also liked the red rose left on St George's Day with an explanatory note -a nice touch

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, good view of the stadium
1 Thank Vicki J
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Madanis, that I will definitely share with my team. Feedback such as yours is extremely encouraging, as it indicates our efforts to exceed guest expectations are being noticed.
We really appreciate to have a feedback about our Sant Jordi special gift for guests. We love this day in Catalonia and it was a pleasure to share the emotion of this day with our guests from abroad.
Now you know that if you visit us again in an April 23rd you will always find in your room a red rose and St George's legend waiting for you.
We will be always very happy to welcome you again at Madanis. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The location is very close to a subway station which gives you access to all the important areas of Barcelona. It is close to the FC Barcelona stadium, if that matters to you, apart from that there is not that much around from a travelers perspective.

I would describe the hotel and service itself as a mid-range business option, without much frills, but also without much to complain about. Interior is modern and clean enough, everything is in working order.

However, for my next trip I'll try to find something with a bit more character.

Room Tip: I had a back room, which was good and quiet. The street in front is quite noisy, not sure how good t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert P
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. Our guests opinions are always very useful. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with some of your comments. To begin with Madanis location has many advantages from a traveler’s perspective. Letting apart the interest of our neighbourhood ( Gaudi’s works, Barça Museum &Stadium, Touristic Bus, shops as Zara, Mango, the traditional market of Collblanc, etc.) the commercial area of Diagonal is very close and as you point out, the Metro station is only some meters from the Hotel.
On the other hand, I don't think you do justice to our Hotel saying that it lacks character. The design of our premises, the exquisite atmosphere, the original pieces of art which hang from our walls, and specially the care we put in looking for the excellence in service, make of our Hotel something very different from a "mid-range business option".
I suggest that you visit us again in your next trip to Barcelona paying the due attention to details and I'm sure you will discover Madanis character.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel.
Kind regards from Barcelona!
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

1. Breakfast buffet is 10EUR and you get to have as much jamon as you can eat! Worth it since they sell one small plate for 15EUR outside.

2. Location is perfect. It is a few metres away from McDonalds (perfect for a quick meal), Zara and Mango shops, Collblanc station and Camp Nou! What more can you ask for!

3. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean and spacious! No complaints at all.

4. One slight problem is their air conditioning. We had to open the windows as we felt suffocated. The air conditioning was then making noises as apparently it can detect if the windows are open. My boyfriend and I had trouble sleeping then.

5. Walls are very thin so you could hear the next door going to the bathroom. Just hope you don't get noisy roommates! We were lucky we had quiet ones.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balcony facing the street though I would prefer a corner room.
4 Thank tetrachel
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that you appreciated our location, the fantastic relationship between quality and price of our breakfast and the cleanness of our premises.
As far as the Air Conditioned is concerned, I think that the problem is that you visited Barcelona in early spring, when we were making the change between winter and summer in our AC systems. At this period of the year, temperature changes a lot between the cool mornings/evenings and some higher temperatures at noon. In any case, the temperature was never over 20ªduring this week and usually guests asks for AC when it is a bit more hot.
As for the walls, I can assure you that our walls are not at all thin and we have good isolating materials between rooms, but, in any case, I will investigate the noises you mention in order to see if there is a problem.
Kind regards from Barcelona.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights from 6th December 2012, for my partners 40th Birthday, with the intention of going to Camp Nou Barcelona Stadium Football Tour and seeing other sights etc. We were given room, with view of Stadium. Room was small, but clean, had all we needed, and room safe, mini bar, room service if needed. Only gripe was the TV has zero English TV channels but - we did not plan to be in the room watching TV. The staff were excellent on the reception desk, their English was fantastic and they were really helpful girls. The barman, accommodated us with his best English (he was originally from Chilli) and we tried our best 'Spanish'. My partner and him spoke the universal language of 'football' and the barman used the large screen to play all sorts of footy matches on in the lobby for entertainment, and British news, for us when we would come in from a night out. The Breakfast was good. The hotplates for the sausage and other meats could have been hotter. But there was a brilliant selection of breads, cereals, fruits, juices, preserves, pastries etc. There should have been no reason for anyone to leave the breakfast hungry. There was a waitress, about clearing and removing plates. There was wifi in the lobby on a small desk area. But we never needed it. There was leaflets about for things to do and see. The reception ladies offered to book things for us. We did leave our luggage behind the desk in the afternoon, while we had a few hours to wait for our plane. The reception girls did organise a taxi for us to the airport which they said would cost us a certain amount, (I can't remember how many euros now).. but it was the same amount as what the fare was COMING from the airport to the hotel in a taxi on our arrival so we did not query this... however:- when stepping out of the taxi at the airport, and trying to pay the euros, the taxi driver, insisted on the fare being ten euros MORE than the reception quoted us ! of course - all of a sudden he spoke no English. We refused to pay the difference, and just pulled our luggage out of his boot. He dragged over an armed guard at the airport drop off point, who was totally not interested,.. I am not sure if the taxi driver and the reception desk do this and then split the difference, or if the drivers just try this on....but - either way - he got plenty of language off us and THE agreed euros and hand gestures. We'd had a lovely stay until that point. We normally tip too... ... but not that time. The location of the hotel is a longish walk from the main things, but we used the metro. It was well cheap. Felt totally safe. It is idiot proof to use. We did alot of walking about with a map, did not feel like we'd get mugged just because we had a map in our hands. There was lots to do and see. I think we would go back. We would stay here again, because it is in a quieter place, the other hotels are much dearer although they are nearer. When we did get lost once, a Spanish man could see us both looking at a map at the side of the 'metro' and then looking at each other and laughing, and he volunteered to come up to us and offer assistance. I would say in the dark... some of the streets look the same.. but they are all named...so if you have a map, you can't go wrong. I bought a guide book and we did the 'food walk' which was interesting. I'd like to go back in the warmer weather and see more of the beach side of things.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Torie D
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed review that would be very useful for future guests.
You are very nice mentioning our Recepyion team. I'm happy to know that you found them helpful and kind. I will definitely let the staff know about them.
I am also very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and that you enjoyed your room, the atmosphere of the Hotel and the sorroundings and our breakfast.
You mention that you could not find the English channels. It is a pity that you did not ask for help to Reception. They would have helped you to find them, we have several English channels in our Tv system. You must always ask for whatever you need. Our team is always happy to be useful.
As far as the experience of your trip to the Airport is concerned, I must make it clear that what happened with your taxi driver has no relation at all with our Front Desk. We would never admit this in our Hotel. The taxis we call when guests ask for service come from a very serious and honest company. The incident must be due to a misunderstanding, in any case it has no relation with the Hotel.
We will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Barcelona again in the future.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I are just back from a 5 night stay at the Madanis Hotel. Very pleasant experience. We chose the hotel as it was near Camp Nou and we were going to a game, only 5 minute walk and you are there!!
All the staff are very friendly and gave us lots of good advice regarding transport and places to eat etc..
Only negative comment I would have is I when I booked thru the hotel in October last year I requested a quiet room as my husband and I were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary during our stay, unfortunately we were given a room at the front of the hotel on a busy road and the first night did not get a lot of sleep. Next morning we advised reception and we were moved to another room at the side of the hotel which was a lot quieter.
Would return to this hotel if returning to Barcelona in the future.

2 Thank christine k
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us to stay in your ruby wedding anniversary and for your feedback regarding your stay. It is a pleasure to know that you find our staff helpful and that the hotel met all of your expectations.
I'm sorry about the noise on the first night. We are in a very quiet and paceful area but perhaps it was the night of the match when sometimes groups of people come from the Camp Nou. I'm glad to know that our Reception team assigned you a new room to solve the problem.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel.
Alton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just back from using this hotel as our base in Barcelona, couldn't have asked for more. Reception staff helpful and friendly, and we were checked in as soon as we arrived which was well before midday.
Breakfast is simple but well presented and basically there is something for everyone...Toast, Cereal, Fruit, Ham, Cheese etc.
We chose this hotel as our main reason for going was to see Barcelona play football, it is litrally 5 minutes from the Nou Camp....underground trains and city tour buses not far away either...oh and a Mcdonalds. We will certainly recommend this hotel to any friends wanting a hotel in Barcelona, we had a great time.

Room Tip: We had room 501...no problems at all
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank footyfamily
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Madanis Hotel and for sharing with other travelers your kind opinion about our facilities and services.
You are very kind to mention our reception staff. Please, rest assured that I will extend your compliments to them.
Thank you to recommend us to your friends.
It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having read the previous reviews I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel - location is perfect if you are going to Camp Nou.

However, whilst the hotel is clean it is very basic, not sure why it is a four star hotel, you can actually hear people in the next room going to the toilet, so much so that I was woken during the night as I thought someone was using my bathroom, that's how noisy it is.

Having visited Barcelona 3 times this year so far my suggestion would be to stay more central in the Gothic District.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amanda649
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. All our guests opinions are very useful for us.
We are happy to know ythat you liked our location which , as you say, is perfect for Camp Nou but it is also excellent to move around . as you saw, the Metro station is at a stone drop from the Hotel as well as many buses. On the other hand, the city sightseeing tour can be taken from the stadium into the heart of the city so easy to do that also.
We are happy also to know that you appreciated the cleanliness of our premises.
However, it is a pity that you finished having a wrong idea about the Hotel because you say that you are not sure why it is a 4 stars Hotel. From the reading of our previous guests reviews you may see that we have many reasons to be in this category, but think only in Madanis atmosphere, its design, the presence of unique art works in every room, the kindness of all our staff, our breakfast, the comfort of our bed equipment, the spotless rooms you mentioned, our big showers, our free wifi, etc, etc. The most important think, however, is that Madanis team does their job with endless love trying always to achieve full satisfaction of our guests. We suggest you to visit us again in your next trip to Barcelona and we will do our best to deserve a better opinion. It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again.
Kind regards from Barcelona!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Hotel Madanis Liceo
Catalonia Rigoletto
#163 of 521 in Barcelona
SmartRoom Barcelona
#100 of 521 in Barcelona

Been to Madanis Hotel? Share your experiences!