“Excellent for Camp Nou”

Ranked #262 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent for Camp Nou”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nice small hotel a minutes walk from Camp Nou. I would not classify it as a four star hotel but the staff are great, the rooms are small but functional, breakfast is very good and the metro is two minutes away,. Centre of town is some ten to fifteen minutes away but really easy (the Metro is a great and cheap way to get around Barcelona.).

I stayed for three nights including breakfast with my son including a visit to the Camp Nou with my son for 300 euros.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BarBarYPartRIdGe
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear guest.
Thank you very much for your nice review. We really appreciate very much our guests opinions which are always useful to improve our job..
It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is specially kind from you to mention our staff. We are very proud of them.
We are looking to seeing you soon in Madanis.
Kind regards from Barcelona!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed with my son for a weekend as a treat for his 18th birthday and cannot fault a thing.Staff friendly,hotel modern and tidy and with the Nou Camp being literally 2 mins. Walk away you do not need to look any further for somewhere to stay for a Barcelona football trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Steve,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff.
It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The purpose of my trip was to see Barcelona FC at the Camp Nou. As others have stated, the hotel is ideally situated, being a 5 minute walk from the stadium. It is also a 3-4 minute walk from the metro, allowing you to get to other parts of the city easily.

The hotel is modern and clean inside, with my room having a nice modern feel to it (flat screen TV, wifi, but no DVD player). The reception staff were very friendly, even being able to understand my badly spoken Spanish! Breakfast was a little pricey for what it was, although there are other places close by that serve nice food.

I would definitely stay at the Madanis again and would recommend for anyone going to see a game at the Camp Nou.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Guildford4Now
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review.
It is a pleasure to know that the Hotel met your expectations.
As many of our guests emphasize, our location is ideally situated for people going to Camp Nou (we are the nearest Hotel to the Stadium) but it is also important to bear in mind that we are only a 15 minutes from the city center (Diagonal/Rambla Catalunya, for instance) and a 15 min trip to Sagrada Familia. The fact of having the Metro just some paces aways from the Hotel's door makes it very easy to reach whatever point of the city. As Barcelona is a rather big city, to use the Metro is practically unavoidable to visit the most important places. This explains why many of our guests choose us for their visits to Barcelona even if they are not fans from football.
As far as our breakfast offer is concerned, I think that you did not take full advantage from the whole offer of our buffet: natural orange juice, home made marmalades, home made cakes, fruits, charcuterie, vienoiserie, several kinds of breads, selection of olive oils,fruit salad, hot dishes (eggs, bacon, sausages), salads, a selection of cheese,catalan products...All this in a free buffet for 9 €. Usually pepole say that our breakfast has an excellent relationship beetween price and quality.
I hope you will stay with us in your next visit to Barcelona and you would be able to change your mind about it.
Kind regards from Barcelona!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Barcelona and really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Madanis. The hotel is a lovely hotel but what makes it exceptional are the staff, especially the ladies on the front desk. They were so welcoming and efficient and very helpful and I would like to thank them. The reason for our trip was to see Barcelona play at home, which we did and hope to return soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. You are very kind to mention our Reception team.I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. I am very proud of them, they love their job and your words are the most valuable present they could have.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and that you found all the information and services provided by our team useful.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at Madanis very soon.
I
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We wanted a place near Camp Nou as it was one of our must-sees..well for my hubby and son, not me. It was fairly straightforward to get to from Peniscola where we were staying and sufficiently on the outskirts to avoid the worst of the traffic. It was very near an underground station so we could do the rest of our sightseeing quite easily. We were able to walk to Camp Nou and I went a little further to see the old Royal Palace..Palau Real which housed 3 interesting museums and also had some interesting works by Gaudi nearby.
The hotel was just what we wanted..clean, modern, comfortable and the help yourself breakfast was really good with plenty of choice. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable about the area. we would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wee3alexander
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Madanis. I am glad to know that our location was convenient for your visit. I see that you took full advantage from the many places near the Hotel which are very interesting to visit and sometimes people tend to miss: the museums in the Royal Palace, the Gaudi works for the Güell family, etc. This show clearly that you are an experienced traveller. It is also a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our staff job and enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. We strive to do our best every day, but only occasionally are guests kind enough to take the time to give us feedback. We feel especially proud when positive feedback comes from experienced travellers like you. Thank you very much.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel. Kind regards from Madanis!
bangor co down
Reviewed November 9, 2012

very modern, comfortable, clean appartments adjacent to hotel madanis. we stayed here as a family of four adults and the accommodation was excellent. Three separate bedrooms and a well equipped kitchenette. Breakfast was included at adjecent hotel and was a lovely selection of cooked meats, pastries, cheeses, fruit and cereal. would definitely stay here again. camp nou was literally a five minute walk away and access to underground and bus was almost immediately outside appartment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and the detailed description you give of our facilities. The information you provide about our location and services will no doubt be very useful to future guests. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay in Barcelona and you took full advantage from our apartments: we often say that they are perfect for families and groups.
If your future plans bring you again to Barcelona, we hope you will choose Madanis again.
Kind regards!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Hotel Madanis Liceo
#237 of 513 in Barcelona
Arenas Atiram Hotels
Arenas Atiram Hotels
#385 of 513 in Barcelona

Been to Madanis Hotel? Share your experiences!