“Great time!”
Review of Barcino 147

Barcino 147
Ranked #4 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my first time in a Bed and Breakfast, and it was quite exceptional. I was there for a business trip and the location was perfect, the room comfortable, very well decorated. The level of service was amazing, and made everything else pale in comparison. My daughter and wife joined me as it was my daughters 18th birthday, and somehow the staff knew and brought cava when they arrived. Really thoughtful, personal, and just made my day. Thanks for great care!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MikeN6529MZ
There are newer reviews for Barcino 147

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a really lovely guest house, I stayed here for two nights in early February and I would happily recommend it to anyone.

Location - the B&B is in a fantastic location, about 5-10 minutes walk from Plaça de Catalunya station. It's in a safe and beautiful area of L'Eixample right in the centre, Las Ramblas and the main shopping area is just 10 minutes away. If you need to get to the bus station this is only a 10-15 minute walk towards Arc de Triomf.

Staff - everyone was really lovely at Barcino 147. I arrived fairly late after a flight and was greeted by the receptionist who was very kind. I was even upgraded to a larger room. Normally the prices for this guest house would be far out of my price range, but I got an excellent deal as it was such a quiet time, so to be upgraded to a beautiful large double room with a sofa was especially value for money! I was later greeted by the owner of the guest house, who was equally welcoming and told me to treat it just like home and that it's very safe (which is nice to hear when you're a young female travelling alone!). I'd definitely agree as I've stayed in various places in Barcelona alone before, and this place has felt the safest by far. All the staff speak very good English, but I mainly conversed in Spanish.

Room - The bed was super comfy! With plenty of pillows and a feather duvet - I often find in Spain that hotels don't provide duvets, just sheets and blankets, so this was really nice. The room had both a heater and an air conditioning unit, but I didn't use much of either as the weather was a really comfortable temperature in early February. The TV had a lot of channels available (tip - change the audio on the TV to original language/English if you want to watch English language TV shows in the original language not Spanish), and a DVD player was also provided which was an added bonus. It was spotless and cleaned daily. The shared bathroom was very clean and I never had to wait, but there was only one other person on my floor so can't say what it would be like during a busier time! Plenty of towels are provided in the room and shampoo and shower gel provided in the bathroom.

Breakfast - the kitchen was open all day and had coffee or a wide range of tea. Breakfast was prepared and laid out every morning, and it was really nice! Bread, spreads (choc spread, jam etc.), fruit, cereal, yoghurt etc.

The WIFI was free and worked very well. The reception wasn't open during the weekend when I checked out, but the cleaners were still around and I was allowed to leave my luggage in the room after the check out time and keep the key to collect it later as my room wasn't booked.

I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Catiie
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We loved every minute of our stay in Barcino 147!

The location is superb, the rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. Our room on the sixth floor, The Gaudi room, was very specious and had an amazing view of Barcelona.

We were very impressed by the hospitality and kindness shown us by Ferran, Antonio and April.

Excellent, customised tour around Barcelona and to Monserrat, organised by Ferran - we enjoyed our day so much! Thank you, Ferran, for our lovely conversations and lunch, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Still so much left to explore! Looking forward to staying in Barcino 147 again, next time we are in Barcelona.

Moltes gràcies, Ferran, Antonio i April.
Dana, Yuliana and Alexandra.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Zara1633
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a lovely place in busy Barcelona. After sightseeing or shopping it’s like coming home. A cosy guesthouse, an oasis in a cosmopolitan city.

PROXIMITY
A private apartment, with lift access to each of the 2 floors, just a few stairs to take to get to the elevator. When entering one feels immediately ‘at home’.
Easy to find, 2 blocks from Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona historic Gothic center and Passeig Gracia. Metro and bus close by. All needed is within walking distance.

ROOM

All the rooms very spacious and very well decorated with wonderful travel souvenirs. The beds are very comfortable and the cushions ever so soft. The rooms all face over a rather busy avenue, but we didn't hear any noise at night.

BATHROOM

The bathrooms are shared, but extremely clean, as is the entire establishment. Enough towels and aminities provided.

FOOD

The kitchen is open to guests. You can help yourself to a cold refreshment or a cup of tea any time of day. Breafkast is included: bread, cereal, yoghurt, toast, jam, cheese and coffee/tea.

A few blocks away is ‘CIUDAD CONDAL’ a typical Spanish tapas bar. Will do a review of the place later on.

FREE INTERNET

Internet is free. Even a computer is provided in the kitchenarea. Printing documents is not a problem. Handy to book ticket for the Sagrada: much cheaper than paying on site. The tickets can then be collected at the banque around the corner. It saved an awful lot of time at the Sagrada: no waiting in line!!!

If you need any help or information they are extremely helpful.

We had such a enjoyable stay that we are booking again for upcoming summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank like2travel2u
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in Ferran's hotel for the past 5 days. What impressed me most is the kindness of Ferran. It is a little hard for me to find him but It seemed that he prepared everything for us when I met him. The cleanest room(The most I have ever met), the printed map, the good places to eat Chinese food and all the other advises which are really useful living in Barcelona. To me ,a guy who first go abroad, these are really valuable things. They helped me enjoy the following days in Barcelona. So thanks so much to Ferran,

Room Tip: Book as earlier as you can so that you have more choices.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank-Wang-barceno14
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We absolutely loved staying at Barcino BnB! The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, the suite we had was comfortable, luxurious and was beautifully decorated. The place was very clean and the breakfast so tasty. This location is perfect for doing all your sightseeing by foot and discovering the amazing architecture of this city.We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jared C
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great location in Eixample area of Barcelona. Within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping, tour bus, metro, & taxi. We walked to beautiful park each day for running under the Arc de Triomf. Close walk to El Born neighborhood for sight seeing, museums, shops,and restaurants. Room was beautifully decorated and bathroom was skillfully tiled and included many amenities: hair dryer, flat iron, soaps, & shampoos. Service and hospitality were outstanding! Ferran, April, and Antonio made sure we had a wonderful time. Antonio picked us up from the airport and drove us directly to the B & B. Ferran showed us to our beautiful room and gave us a map and told us about the area and gave us recommendations for restaurants, and city sites. In addition, Ferran & April helped book our train tickets to Madrid. Great concierge service! Delicious coffee, tea, water, and espresso offered each day & all day. Healthy breakfast served daily with a nice combination of fruits, breads, meats, cheese, yogurt & cereal in a well-appointed kitchen that is open all day for snacks. Ferran offered some traveling advice, gave us his card with phone number and let us know we could call him if we needed him. He made us feel very comfortable! We highly recommend Barcino147 for a great time in Barcelona. Thank you Ferran!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple