“Excellent hotel”

Petit Palace Museum Hotel
Ranked #96 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Excellent! Rooms very good...perhaps the breakfast Can be' improved especially for sausages..but in every case the level is very very good.
Adviced for family.!
The personell is very effective and polite. The location is Perfect ...very close to place the Catalogna..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gustavo T
Ana S, Online sales department at Petit Palace Museum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your stay in our hotel. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones.

We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

There are newer reviews for Petit Palace Museum Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had a good friend check out the location before picking the right Petite Palace for us. My hubby and I wanted a quiet and more residential area while we were at Barcelona for a few days.
The hotel did not disappoint! We were given a decent room with a view and more importantly quiet peace. The staffers were trained well and didn't have problems with communicating in English. I love the modern look of the lobby and our room...plus the individual computer with Internet connection per room was a wonderful surprise that made our stay easier than having to email via iPAD or our mobile phones.
The staffers were very helpful with directions, locations to go and restaurants to try.
We love the neighborhood that it's near yet far enough from the busy noisy Las Ramblas. We discovered quite a few unique and special cafes and restaurants because of this.
We cannot wait to go back to Barcelona and stay with Petite Palace again!

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that is non-smoking, quiet and has a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing High Tech Hotels and sending your comments and feedback. We are pleased to know that your stay with us met your expectations and that you were especially satisfied with our location, facilities service and hotel staff.

And we would like to thank you for for considering us for future stays in Barcelona, we will be delighted to welcome you back and we assure you that we will strive to ensure that your stay is to your liking.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Barcelona and it certainly won't be our last! We chose a room only deal as this hotel is perfectly located near numerous fantastic places to eat.Our room was what we had expected, tastefully designed but somewhat dark and poorly lit. On entry there was a hint of damp in the air but this I think was due to no apparent extractor in the bathroom, this wasn't a problem though as it faded away the more the room was used. Furnishings were a little tired but clean and tidy. The room safe needed a credit card to secure and open which we found odd as we actually wanted to keep the credit card in the safe from time to time! The reception staff were always friendly,on check in they guided us though a tourist map highlighting the places of interest to us, on check out they looked after our luggage,freeing us up for our last few hours in this amazing city. Even though I myself wouldn't rate this as four star plus hotel I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 202 is to the side of the building, not much of a view but away from the noise of the city. Th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blue sky Di B
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wonderful location, spacious room, very nice staff (Maria helped us over and over again!). We went to Paris for a few days before we checked in and they offered to keep our excess luggage. Lovely ambiance, good breakfast

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your stay in our hotel. We really appreciate all comments and truly believe that that they help us to improve our services.

That you had a good experience with us is our greatest satisfaction and what motivates us to continue working hard so that our guest´s stay will be pleasant and enjoyable.

We would be delighted to welcome you again soon to our establishment.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a fantastic location just off La Ramblas, the hotel was modern but the high tech tag isn't that accurate, the wi fi in the Ron we stayed in was unuseable at best. We reported the issue but got told that no one else had ever had a problem and it must be our phones, they did send a guy up to have a look and he had every excuse you could think of and when we asked if he had any service on his phone he pulled it out of his pocket and said no, that was pretty much the end of conversation. The beds were easily the worst we've slept on in all of our travels across Europe, America and the Asia Pacific region. That being said, most of the staff were very helpful apart from a couple. I hate giving bad reviews but there's a few issues need addressing before we'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am sitting a the computer at 1am on my last night at the Petit Palace Hotel and occasionally spraying aftershave around the room to mask the smell of damp carpets. We booked this hotel through the GALA HOTELS web site and what we reserved and paid for was a 5 star hotel, what we are actually staying in is equivalent to a 2 star Blackpool guest house. The impressive art and fancy reception led us into a false sense of security despite the two weeks worth of dust on top of the baby grand piano. Our room on the 4th floor (15) was a big disappointment, first and foremost he room STINKS !! Yes, It sinks like a wet cloth which has been left festering for weeks. This is probably due to the fact that both the shower and he hand basin flood the floor which then seeps out onto the stained, old rotting carpet. In an attempt to hide my fat white body from the neighbors i drew the curtains revealing a large hole. The Sofa beneath the window is covered in stains and he chipboard laminated furniture is old, damaged and houses 4 scruffy coat hangers. The Heating in the room sounds like there is an old car has been left with its engine running. The ceiling is painted a fetching shade of black which gives the illusion that the room is only 5 feet high and the walls are covered in dirty marks. There is NO loo brush in the loo, No evidence that anyone has EVER attempted to remove the mildew from around the shower and on three occasions we have had no water for up to an hour. On requesting an Iron we were given a tatty old iron with burnt residue on the underside and a plank of wood covered with some old cloth. A list was supplied as to the cost of he contents of the mini bar which was great had there been anything listed IN the mini bar. Our bedding was not changed in 4 days, No Tea, Coffee or complimentary ANYTHING in he room apart from a Shoe Horn !!! Breakfast is served in a dingy cellar while you perch on uncomfortable metal cushion less chairs and is served with cold coffee by a waitress who never spoke a word to us in 4 days. The toast machine took 6 times......yes 6 times of passing my sale bread through it to give it the slightest hint of colour ONE Salt and Pepper set for the entire restaurant. All in all a horrible experience, NOT a 5 star hotel, I personally blame he Manager who should take the time to go to each of he rooms and actually CHECK what the cleaner is doing and smell for himself what we are expected to tolerate. I have taken 24 photograph's that i will upload when I get home since the usb socket on the hotel PC does not work. If you want to slum it in Barcelona then this is he hotel for you, If you want a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel then look elsewhere this hotel is a product of clever marketing and creative web design and photography...........We will NOT return here !!

Room Tip: Try Somewhere else !!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brownscampello
Ana S, Gerente at Petit Palace Museum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We regret, however, that certain details were not entirely to your liking. With this in mind we would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s observations/ complaints/ suggestions/comments always with the aim of improving.
We apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced as a result.

Ultimately, we work to please our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
We are at your complete disposal for anything you may need.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Where to begin. My first few hours in Barcelona were extremely difficult. The hostel I had planned on staying in was basically a frat house, and I don't roll that way... So at 11pm I was running around from one booked hotel to another trying to find a safe, clean place to sleep. Petit Palace Museum Hotel to the rescue. One of two hotels with room for the weekend, they were so kind in understanding how exhausted and stressed I was (I had been traveling for 13 hours from Santorini and been awake for about 36 [Santorini was just too much fun for sleep]). They even allowed me to have a room for a night before worrying about accepting payment.

The room's were SO comfortable and clean. I had free internet access, a little balcony over a quiet street. Fantastic location for walking around the city center and easy access to public transportation. I'd give the included breakfast a 4 out of 5. Beds and pillows were amazing. One of the best showers I'd ever had.

Really, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I was traveling through Europe and Northern Africa for 8 weeks between home stays, hostels, family, and B&Bs, and hotels, and this place one definitely my favorite. Maybe that's because it was a little luxurious break from "roughing it", but I LOVED it. I will definitely consider it one my return to Barcelona.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicoya B
Ana S, Gerente at Petit Palace Museum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

To our esteemed guest,
It was such a pleasure reading your comment. Without doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.