“Stay awayyyyyyyyy!”

Ranked #315 of 722 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Salonika
“Stay awayyyyyyyyy!”
Reviewed November 14, 2008

It's been many years, though I still can't forget the dreadful experience of my first trip abroad alone as an exchange student. It's a pity I wasn't aware of the tripadvisor then, I would save my time, my money and my psychology :). I had to book something cheap for the first 3 days until I rent a room in some appartment. So, the University proposed a few cheap hostels, I chose this one which was closest to the Uni. Bad choice!! At first the old guy in the reception seemed ok. I can say I was really disappointed when i saw that the room he gave me was right next to his desk , yes, one step from the reception!! I tried to be optimistic and said "Ok, if something happens, at least someone will hear me!". So i "locked" myself in the room (no bathroom,just a bed and a chair and no window=prison!) and lied down to read a book. My eyes were right across the keyhole and I could see the light from the reception through it. Suddenly, i noticed that the keyhole was dark...Someone turned the lights off outside??Of course not!! I peered through and saw an eye watching me!!!!!!!!! I opened the door immediately and saw the old guy trying to look busy scratching the wall by my door!! I just wanted to slap him but I simply waited the next morning to check out!! Girls beware of this pervert (if he's still there!)

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Stayed March 2003, traveled on business
2 Thank fofi_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We were two girlfriends - young students, so we didn't expect much! After reading some reviews and looking at the pictures we thought this hostal will be fine.
At first, everything seemed okay. A small room with a tiny bathroom but we didn't plan on staying inside anyway so we thought that it;s just what we need.
Delfos is on Rd. Sant Antoni - busy street. All of you who need silence to sleep well - take earplugs or forget about having a room here.
We got the room cleaned ONCE. Ekhm, we stayed for 7 nights.
After two nights the owner turned off the heating (at March the nights are VERY COLD in Barcelona) so I came back sick. When we asked him to turn it on at least for the nights, he pretended he didn't understand.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ba_sia13

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

genoa
Reviewed February 24, 2007

i booked one single room for two nights. i chose this hotel just because it was really two steps away from university.
once i got inside the building: panic! fear! everything looked old and dark. at first, the man at the reception was friendly and he welcomed me singing "patricia" (that's my name). but my good impression finished here. my room smelled of smoke, there was just a single small window and the panorama was a wall. no way to get fresh air. while i was going out to have dinner, the same man i talked about above told me they made a mistake charging me a double room for the price of a single one ("so, THAT narrow hole is a DOUBLE?!" i thought...), therefore i should had to pay the difference for the second night! that looked me a fraud and i decided to move the day after.

Stayed May 2005
Thank plaz_re.mu.
Croatia
Reviewed February 18, 2007

The four of us, two couples in late 20s, stayed in 2-bed rooms with bathrooms for five days. The rooms were clean and big enough - check out the pictures, luckily we took them before our stuff was all around! The staff was nice and friendly, didn't bother us at all, after we paid the bill we only saw the maid who changed the towels every day. We were located close to the metro station, to the centre and to one of the major shopping streets, so we managed to do everything we had planned.
The only thing this hostel is missing is the possibility of booking online and even when you call them, only one person speaks English a little, but it turned out ok for us. We'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a place to stay rather than for a place to party and meet other guests.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends