“Better suited for Business.”

NH Collection Barcelona Tower
Ranked #120 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Better suited for Business.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel ,and as others have commented it is on the edge of the town and a 30 minute metro journey in. However the metro is a few minutes walk and its direct into the heart of the city. Should you stay out all night and miss the metro back a taxi was 13 euros, and took ten minutes.
The plus side is that this is a nice hotel, clean comfortable rooms, with great views, and a stones throw to the airport. They had rooms available for us at 10.00 am , and a free shuttle is available at certain times both to and from the airport.
We did not take up the hotels offer of breakfast, and instead walked into the nearby housing estate, where we got good food and coffee. There are local restaurants within the vicinity and the one we ate at was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor if thats what you prefer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tai di Cadore, Italy
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice Hotel with luxurious rooms and suites, pity the top restaurant is no longer available. The hotel is half way from airport to city, give a good compromise between the relaxing staying and affordable prices compared to the prices in the center much higher for rooms far away from Hesperia.
With a taxi, in from of the Hotel always 374 cabs ready , you can be in Barcelona center in 10 minutes and enjoy the city as much as you like.
Great breakfast and really clear hotel, reception good.
Worth it !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Milford, CT
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Bed was comfortable and appeared clean but carpet was filthy and very stained. And there was a 14 Euro charge to use the pool and spa,. Location is about a 30 minute easy metro ride from the center of action in Barcelona. We only stayed for 1 night to be have access to the hotel airport shuttle for a morning flight. If getting to the airport for an early morning flight is a concern, this might be a good option - other than that, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Barcelona, other than that ypur view will be of the local hospital an...
1 Thank AmyS-CT
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Got a lastmute city break to Barcelona and stayed 2 nights in this hotel. A tall modern architectual hotel which is on the end of the Red metro line (a little too far in my opinion from the centre) but acceptable, good rate not the cheapest by a long way but very good standard. Polite and helpful staff, breakfast was a buffet which was fantastic (again check your hotel booking as paying on the day proved expensive), Free shuttle to airport . The tower was closed as a restaurant and now is used as meeting rooms we never got to go to the top which was dissapointing. Beautiful city/sea/airport view. Enjoyed very much

Room Tip: Go as high as possible!
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been staying in the Hesperia Tower Hotel for a 3-day-trip to Barcelona.

Almost everything was perfect. The hotel and especially the rooms are very nice and stylish, service was extremely friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

The only minor disadvantages: The hotel is situated a bit far outside the city center (about a 35 minute subway ride). But there is a hotel shuttle bus going to the city center and back in the evening. For our purposes (we watched a Champions League match at Camp Nou) the hotel location was perfect since it is very close to the stadium and also to the airport.

For a 5-star hotel the beds could be more comfortable. I have stayed in 4-star hotels that had more comfortable beds.

All in all the hotel was great. I will definitely come back for my next visit to beautiful Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
england
Reviewed June 2, 2013

we couldnt locate free shuttle from airport so opted for taxi and felt ripped off as on the meter it said 13.85 euros but then he added an extra 20 euros just because we came from airport so just be aware of that.this is a very good hotel we were on 15th floor i wouldnt say great view as the hotel is located by business park not far from airport but this isnt a negative as the hotel is good a tip you may be interested in opposite the front of the hotel across the roundabout in the car park is a metro station it isnt immediately apparent but it is there and we didnt find this out until last day so if you miss the free shuttle bus into town it will save you an hour walk. the spa facilities are connected to the hotel but run separately. we had breakfast in restaurant azimut located on 4th floor every morning and found it to be a very well run outfit great selection of food well presented and taste good. we also had an evening meal on one of the nights in bouquet restaurant again very well run however two things my starter of seasonal veg with garlic which was great was also the same selection minus the garlic on my main course of fish it wasgreat food however i just found it a bit unimaginative for such a high class restaurant also after our starter we were offered dessert menu which thought was odd so my husband dessert came before our main obviously a big mistake which we pointed out and staff very apologetic and we were given free glass of dessert wine each it was very funny and the staff were great it was a bit over priced but it was really good food. all in all a very good clean hotel great rooms but i probably wouldnt stay again as i would prefer to be located more central to the town and its amenities (my husband booked the hotel!). also bar prices very expensive a mojito in town cost 3.50 - 4.50euros in the hotel bar 12euros so your choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meanderer40
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had a really good first impression upon arriving at the hotel. My mom and I were on vacation and stayed there for 4 days/3 nights. The shuttle situation to the hotel was confusing, though. I had called the hotel asking where the pick up location was and I was only told to be at Terminal 1 at a certain time. We waited for a long time and saw no Hotel Hesperia shuttle-- if I missed it somehow, then the sign needs to be bigger and clearer. We ended up taking a taxi. Check-in was supposed to be at 3pm but we had an early flight; luckily our room was ready and the front desk allowed us to get into our room around 1pm.

We stayed in a standard room and was impressed with the cleanliness and decoration of the space. The bathroom was really nice with a double vanity, jet showers, separate room for the toilet, and a lot of closet space. The bed was comfortable and the couch was great to sit on and look at the view from the floor-to-ceiling window. We were on the 13th floor, so it was nice to leave the curtains open a little at night and have the view of the city lights. The hotel in general is very quiet, so there were no problems with noise.

I only had the time to go to the breakfast buffet for only one morning during my stay, but if I had had the time I definitely would have gone every morning! You must make a reservation with the front desk the night prior. There's a good selection of items in addition to the traditional breakfast fare. The food was delicious and the service was friendly.

The hotel's free shuttle also conveniently takes you to Placa de Catalunya in the morning and picks you up in the evening. My mom and I were able to take the whole day to walk around and see the sights. A taxi to the area will run you about 10 to 15 euros.

I also ordered room service for dinner during my last night. I had the advertised room service special, which was a burger, fries, and drink for 15 euros and my mom ordered a pig suckling dish. The burger was delicious! When I called to have room service pick up the cart, I was asked if I wanted coffee and dessert. He mentioned the chef's special which was chocolate creme brulee and I placed the order immediately. It was also really good!

The rate is extremely reasonable for the amenities you get and the services they provide. Personally, I think it's cheaper than what a typical hotel like this should command. My mom and I enjoyed our stay and experienced no problems, other than the minor inconvenience of the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Barcelona.

Room Tip: A room facing the city is a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family