“Fantastic Hotel”

Hotel Miramar Barcelona
Ranked #160 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Fantastic 5 star hotel, highly recommended. Spacious and modern rooms, meeting my expectation. Great service.

Two considerations that you need to be aware: (1) it is not in the heart of Barcelona and you would need to get on a taxi to get to the city, just a few minutes drive of course. Taxi cost very reasonable, around 7 Euro. (2) Breakfast is OK, but do not offer a wide range of choices.

I will definitely go back. Relative to the quality of the hotel and the value offered, the two issues are quite acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you "Arash A" for choosing Hotel Miramar for your stay in Barcelona! We really appreciate your positive comment about the hotel

We wish you all the best and we hope to welcome you again here at Hotel Miramar Barcelona.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramar Barcelona

Reviewed March 31, 2014

What makes a hotel a true 5 star? It's not the view (which, as mentioned in so many comments, is sublime, probably the best in Barcelona, only to be rivalled by La Florida but without the disadvantage of being too far away from the city attractions), not the size of the rooms and the bathrooms (huge), not the terrace (you would happily spend your days on instead of sightseeing), not the towels and the bathrobes (fluffy like new), not the spa (beautiful but in need of some practical improvements), not even the restaurant (thoroughly enjoyable - read my comment for Forestier)… it's the hotel's Staff. I've travelled the world and stayed in all kind of hotels and B&Bs in different countries and I run a small boutique hotel myself so I can appreciate perfection when I see it. When every single member of the team treats you as if you were a personal and a very important guest; when they address you by your name every time you walk through the reception (we only stayed for one night so I couldn't believe it!) and remember where you went (museum, walk, airport…) and are sincerely interested in your experience; when nothing you ask for is an issue but always a pleasure; when everybody, from the friendly barmen serving you a glass of wine to the beautiful spa receptionist smiling at you when you pass her on the way to the pool, take pride in their job and the place they work at and do their absolute best to make you feel welcome… you know you are staying at a 5 star hotel.

I do have couple of comments, which are by no means criticism but just suggestions coming from somebody from the same industry. It's not very nice to see other guests being offered a glass of cava upon check-in while you are not (I understand it must be part of some package but then maybe it would be better to do it in the rooms). The fact that the sauna and hammam are on timer and need to be switched on 20 minutes prior to use needs to be explained to the guests when they come to use the spa - it's disappointing to come after a swim in the pool (great waterfall wall feature by the way and the water in the pool was warm like in a bath) and discover that you can't use it. The pre arrival communication could be better - I had to make a lot of calls/send a lot of e-mails to book with your directly as opposed to Booking.com (and got a discount from you which I am very grateful for!) and I didn't receive any confirmation until I called again, the day before my arrival, I got an impression my reservation wasn't even in the system, just as well it wasn't high season.

None of the above have spoilt our stay in any way. It was my second time at Miramar and I will certainly be back again. Thank you for all your hard work which you make look so effortless and elegant.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the terrace with a sea view - we had a premium room overlooking the port and the g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Motienko

Thank you so much "Motienko" for taking time to write such a nice review about our property and your stay with us. We are glad to read that we exceed your expectations. It is our goal and our passion to treat our guests as uniques.

Regarding your improvement comments, the cava welcome drink must be offered to every single guest and unfortunately we missed it when you were checking in, and it is very important to us because it is the first impression of the Reception and the Hotel.

As for the remarks about the SPA and the pre arrival communication , I have already passed your comments to the corresponding Departments who will follow up on each of your comments to avoid this to happen to other guest in the future.

We will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Miramar in Barcelona for a 2nd honeymoon and we could not have asked for a better experience. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, the public areas and rooms are clean and kept in good order, and the amenities abound.
- Amazing views: We selected a premium room. Our room's private balcony on the 3rd floor had excellent views of both the sea and the city, with a peaceful ambiance looking out over the courtyard below.
- Bed comfort: The bed was comfortable but perhaps not quite the quality I'd expect for a 5-star hotel, still we had no problems getting a good night's sleep.
- Location: Overall I loved the location and what it had to offer, the only con here is the trek back up the hill to return to the hill after exploring the city can be exhausting (we made the climb once) - but if you catch a cab close by at the bottom it's only about 5 euros back up, so the advantage of the location for the views and peaceful serenity far outweigh this minor inconvenience.
- Spa: The indoor heated pool and the jacuzzi are nice options but the water temperature for both of them was at best lukewarm and could have been better. After trying those out, we opted to run a nice hot bath in the huge bathtub in our room instead to get better heating for resting our weary legs. We did not try any of the other spa services.
- Breakfast/Room service: We did not choose to add on breakfast to our nightly rate, but we did order room service in the mornings. The food was average - after the first morning we opted to eat elsewhere but enjoyed our coffee from room service daily.
- Staff: Consistently the staff went above and beyond expectations. You are offered cava as you check in, and when we asked them questions or for recommendations, they always took it one step further and provided a lot of extremely useful info that made our ventures all the more pleasurable and easier.
- Overall: We were extremely pleased with our stay here and will definitely choose Hotel Miramar again the next time we visit Barcelona. The minor cons that I listed were just that - minor and I think that the pros far outweigh the cons to make this hotel an excellent choice. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AZ_worldwide
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear "AzinEurop...",

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona and for writing such a nice review about your stay. Our goal is to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay so we are glad to read that we exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to host you once again during your next trip to Barcelona. The Hotel Miramar staff will be waiting for you!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a great hotel with lovely relaxing public spaces and good sized rooms but the real highlight is the huge balconies with stunning views! The bathrooms are also lovely with big baths that fill really quickly. I was working for the majority of my stay so didn't get to explore all of the hotel but I couldn't get enough of my balcony and enjoyed drinks there in the evening and a yummy breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is a little expensive but the quality is very good. I hope to return soon but this time for a holiday!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you "Asiafan31" for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona and for writing such a nice review about your stay. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the time with us!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Recently stayed 4 nights at the hotel in a premium double with breakfast included. On arrival staff were very helpful and attentive. The view from the room was lovely over the port/bay. The spa and indoor pool was nice and relaxing. The hotel is situated about 15mins from the airport in a taxi. It's located on top of a hill so out the way of the city centre which we liked. It was about 10min walk to the main part of Barcelona onto the la rambla.

Breakfast was also very nice and a great selection of food. All in all a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you "Sarah m" for your great comments about the hotel. We really appreciate your opinion and we are truly grateful that you shared your experience with us!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I spent two nights here. Ate in the restaurant two nights. Got excellent service. Great advice on wine.
The hotel is situated with great views from all rooms. Easy to go to meetings all over Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you "Henrik K" for choosing Hotel Miramar for your stay in Barcelona! We really appreciate your positive comments about the hotel.
We wish you all the best and we hope to welcome you again at Hotel Miramar Barcelona.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great hotel with beautiful rooms. but the biggest attitude is aww view. I was here with few friends and we had great time. The breakfast is pretty expensive but the food was worth that. Also the service was perfect. We have lost our guide book but the brunette girl - Ainoha in the reception staff was so nice and she helped us to plan everything perfect. We havnt lost and had a great sight seeing in this beautiful city :-) We hadnt got ocasion to thank you for your help. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marti M
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you "Marti m" for choosing Hotel Miramar for your stay in Barcelona! We really appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and most of all thank you for recognizing the friendly, attentive service of a member of our team.