“Quiet and modern”

Ranked #37 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Vancouver, Canada
“Quiet and modern”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was near a metro station, Rockafort station and it is walking distance. The hotel was away from the city so it's quiet but close enough to visit different areas.

We live the modern touches and the rooftop bar area. The rooftop provided the guests with great view of the area and comfortable seating areas. The hotel had a happy hour time for some drinks and snacks.

Room is clean and we felt safe there. The front desk staff were helpful as well.

The only thing we had issues with was the WiFi. It was slower inside our room but it was fine in the hallways.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewandIvy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My first solo trip to the beautiful city of Barcelona was great and V.E added to my positive experience. This hotel has a beautiful lobby where a very nicely done breakfast is served. I made it a point to be back at the hotel each day between 5 and 7 to enjoy the roof deck with a nice cup of coffee on the house. My room was very comfortable and I enjoyed my 5 days exploring this incredible city. I did not use the metro but walked to the Rambla as well as the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MSA1960
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My partner and I spent four days here on our holiday through Europe. We enjoyed this hotel as it was well located near the metro and had a great Bar on the Terrace with good views out to the hills at night. We had a meal at the Zinc bar with great service from Ilyes. Do try the steak it's really good as is the Tempranillo from Monte Real 2011 if you like pepper minty overtones like I do! This hotel is light and airy with lots of space. We loved the rooms which were extremely quiet. We didn't have the breakfast but used the takeaway coffee from across the road at 1.5 euro and had food out while we were site seeing. At night we used the bar on the terrace one night great Tapas and the Zinc Bar on another night. Only complaints we missed a jug in our room for tea and coffee! Limited English TV just tragic BBC news and Chinese documentaries which drove my partner crazy! I quite enjoyed them! This hotel is nice and modern and ticks all the boxes for a good time away! Also get a proper double bed as ours was pushed together two singles and I fell down the crack!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor which was great but again get a double bed! Not sure if all the beds are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jude W
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights and I really can't say anything negative about it. The staff are very nice and helpful. The rooms are really comfortable and quiet. There is a great roof terrace which has a free tea time. The breakfast is really nice and the bar area is very comfortable and stylish.

It is a liitle bit of a walk into the central gothic quarter but for the price I think it is very worth it.

We would definitely go back and would want to stay at this hotel.j

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and did enjoy the hotel. It's a 10-20 minute walk to the Rambla and Placa Catalunya. The closest metro station was just a minute away (Rocafort). The metro is easy to use and this line (L1 I think) connects with other lines just a few stations away.

The breakfast was good too. Quite small but everything you need more or less. Bread, butter, ham, cheese, marmelade, youghurt, croissant, cereals, fruits, coffee, tea and juice.

I would say that the beds were rather hard but no problems for us. The bathroom was nice but if you're really private it may bother you. No locks and you hear everything going on in there. At least in the standard room.

The staff was friendly and helped us with all of our requests. The roof bar is pretty cozy and the bartender was generous with the drinks, good or bad, it's up to you.

The area is nice and quiet and we slept like babies.
Free WiFi is always a plus and it worked fairly good in the rooms.

I can recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the center but not in the middle of it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RoggivT
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel was modern, clean, beautifully decorated. Close to subway stop taking you directly into downtown. As maluch as I liked this hotel the only problem was the location, it was a little too far from city center for me, but everything else about the hotel is amazing

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Katy2788
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Villa Emilia is a very nice hotel. The location is probably the best thing about this place - it is walking distance from Plaza de España and to a nearby metro station. It is also quite private and very nice for couples.

The staff is helpful and friendly but they won't bother you unless you call upon them or ask for assistance. I actually felt that the staff can be a bit more attentive and welcoming (particularly at check-in).

The rooms are nice and cozy and the beds are comfortable. The offer free wifi in the rooms but it was just so slow and unreliable.

Overall, it was a rather pleasant stay and the hotel certainly qualifies as a pretty solid 4-star hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends