“A perfect hotel with good price.”
Review of Hotel Villa Emilia

Hotel Villa Emilia
Ranked #38 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Taichung, Taiwan
“A perfect hotel with good price.”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I went to Barcelona this March for a medical meeting. And I spent four nights at the Villa Emilia. The colleagues of front desk are kind and freindly. The room is charming and well-designed. Shower room and toliet are great. The traffic is very convinnet, you can find the subway station about 250mm away.
A great place to stay I think..

Room Tip: Find rooms by the streets.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Picked Villa Emilia after reading reviews here and the hotel delivered on every level, from arrival and check in to rooms, which were immaculate and the breakfast, which was great.

I won't go into listing all the same things all these recent reviews seem to list, as I think they've covered it well. But I want to say that it's a great hotel, perfectly out of the hustle and bustle of the very centre but close enough to walk to centre or take metro, which is literally 200m away. I felt relaxed and comfortable there throughout - and I am picky.

The only little thing was the problem with the wifi they seemed to have just this week and I would have needed access for my laptop to do some stuff for work. However, the receptionist showed me a Workcenter (public wifi work and internet place) on the map, which I found so managed to complete what I needed to.

Next time I will be visiting Barcelona, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Coco2005
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Picked this hotel because I was searching for a centrally located hotel that was smoke-free (in europe!) and a boutique hotel. I didn't want the large chain hotel. The staff spoke good English and were more than helpful. I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels. Check-in/out was a breeze. The staff helped us with our map as we descended upon the city each day. Food was very good at the hotel's restaurant. If I had to have one gripe ... it was with the central air conditioning system. Although there is an in-room temperature control, there was no control of the temperature. Apparently, the air conditioning doesn't kick in until April throughout the whole building. We were there March 22 - 25, 2011 and the outside temperatures were around 20 Celcius throughout the day. Needless to say, air conditioning would have been a great thing to have at night. All in all, a great holiday and a hotel that I would return to.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2011
Minnesota
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We came to Barcelona on a tail end of a whirlwind trip of Spain. We had lost a lot of steam on the "sightseeing" front but had plenty of energy left to explore the food of Barcelona. One of our party had a severe food allergy and Jordi at the front desk was phenomenal making us hotel reservations and explaining the allergies to all the restaurants. We had a bottle of wine waiting for us in our room - just popped down to the Zinc Bar to have it opened, and the bartender gave us some nice glasses to use up in our room. The bar was a great place to have pre-dinner drinks. The bathroom was chic and comfortable, and our room was quiet - we were able to keep our window open all night. The Eixample is a beautiful part of town and we were able to walk up to most of our restaurant choices with little problems. The metro is one block away and took us no time to get to some of the sights like Sagrada Familia, Museu Picasso, etc. There is a little deli between the hotel and the metro that makes great sandwiches - we spent 3 euro per sandwich to take with us on the plane.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the back/away from the street
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
East Yorkshire
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Taking my aged parents away is never easy, especially with my mother's limited walking ability. I picked the Villa Emilia base on reviews & location - what a great place it turned out to be for us. Breakfast set us up for the day - our most important meal and there was plenty to choose from. Cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, meats & cheese, bread preserves & sticky cakes! An easy walk to the metro taking us out & back for each day. A surprise of a lovely bottle of wine awaited our return the first day, a welcome boost before the evening trip to find food! For the first time in 25 years travelling my 6'2" husband actually slept in a hotel bed - thank you. My husband & I had a room with a bath (and overhead shower) and my parents a room with a walk in shower - perfect for my mother (although she did come for a bath in our room on the second night).
Our homeward flight was in the evening which allowed us to have a morning out then a lovely Sunday Brunch back at the Emilia which ensured we had a perfect end to a lovely stay.
I would certainly recommend the Hotel Emilia to anyone wishing to stay in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday for Brunch!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel was such a suprise! Reading loads of reviews on Tripadvisor sometimes can leave you puzzled of what to expect. I stayed there in January with my other half for my birthday and we couldnt stop wowing all the time! Food was divine, the room was very high standard, the services just above expectations. The roof terrace was such a lovely bonus even to enjoy some winter sun! Location is great as well as can easily walk to the main streets or just get metro as the stop is just round the corner! Really hope will be able to stay again as it was so easy to fall in love with Barcelona and Villa Emilia!

Room Tip: The nicest suprise was afternoon tea/coffee!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor comments - it was 5th out of 556 Barca hotels. We loved it! Discreet, friendly staff who spoke English; tasteful decor, very modern & cool. Free wi-fi. The only 'but' was the beds were hard.
We like to have a bath, but the shower was very welcome after a hard day's trekking, and the toiletries are superb quality.

We had a 5th floor room which I found quiet (spouse complained of shouty American females late at night, but I had earplugs in). We had a flatscreen TV, but didn't really use it. The mini bar was used late at night when I couldn't be bothered to walk to the supermarket (3 streets away). We paid £5 for water instead of 50p though. The supermarket was very useful for bread, cheese & wine suppers - we were too tired to eat out, although we did eat out at Garvi tapas bar a few nights (26 euros for two, with alcohol).

The hotel is a few mins walk from Rocafort metro station. We bought a 2 day metro pass for about 11 euros and it was well used: very good value. We travelled on the Renfe train from the airport (about 3 euros each).

Our favourite part of the hotel was the breakfast: very classy dining room, very quiet & polite guests, an imitation fire, lots of magazines to browse. We ate lots of patisserie, bread, cold meats, fruit & cheese with lashings of delicious coffee. The hotel was quiet (March, out of season) but the staff were very helpful, friendly but in the background.

There is a fabulous roof terrace decorated with palms, banana & bird of paradise, but we were too crackered to go up there for a nightcap. There's also a piano player, but we were asleep by then

It's also pet friendly, which is unusual

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple