“Loved it! Great Choice, Great value for your Money and Amazing ownners!”

Hostal L' Antic Espai
Ranked #61 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2010

The reason for the delay in my review is the hope of finding the memory card with (great) pictures taken from the place. sorry.

In any case, My Husbansd and I stayed in Hostal L'Antic Espai last Summer for about a week and absolutly LOVED IT. The place is nothing short of at least a 3 Star Hotel. Its location is great, It is Beutifuly designd and furnished, very clean, and very much affordable. The 2 man running the place: Abel and Serjio (I hope I spelled their names correctly) are the sweetest people!

I have to mention that we arrived at Barcelona During a big Conference (one of many which take place in the city), and reserved only one night in a different hotel. We searched for a place to sleep for hours and were very upset to find that every place we went prices were so expensive, as Hostals and Hotels took advantage of of the situation, except for Abel and Serjio, who run L'Antic Espai.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inbal2

Reviewed May 10, 2010

Small 2 star hotel , centrally located , ideal for visting Barcelona. Very comfortable , staff couldn't help you enough. No issues withe anything.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My wife and I spent 7 days in mid-February at this great small hotel. It is decidedly NOT a business-class hotel. No fitness center, elevator or restaurant/lounge, precisely why I would not hesitate to return or recommend. Abel, Sergio and the staff are as pleasant and accomodating as one could imagine. We were in room 102, with a delightful enclosed balcony from which we viewed the bustle of the city awakening each morning while enjoying our terrific, filling and lovingly presented breakfast.

Character, and charm abound in this welcome retreat.

We'll be back.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The hotel is small and quaint. I loved the antique furnishings and rooms with high ceilings. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating. Note: If you have trouble with stairs, this is not the place for you. there is no elevator. But I think the atmosphere and location were worth the climb. Try to get one of the rooms with the patio outside. It's wonderful with a fountain and birds in antique cages; it's also a great place to eat and relax after a day of touring.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank slustberg
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I booked this at the internett after having read a lot of good comments. Although I have travelled extensively for over 20 years in my work as export manager (before retirement), visiting over 45 countries in four continents, the L´Antic Espai is one of e select few that will stay in my memory as one of the really good experiences. Personal touch, friendliness, great trust shown guests in thet they both show and use their antiques and other collectors items. Add perfect location and readlily shared knowledge of Barcelona. (I see a visitor complaining about lack of english TV channels. If you spend a few days in such a beautiful city, why vaste them by watching TV?) I arrived 15th and left on the 18th and had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Temperature just permitting the pleasure of the lush balcony.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Sihans
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I am sure that this is a very nice hotel and just the sort of place we like to stay - unfortunately we won't be! I booked on line for 4 nights and received a full confirmation from the hotel's booking system. However it appears that this system does not actually reserve you a room. So do not be seduced by official looking confirmations and airline style confirmation numbers. When I contacted the hotel to let them know our rather late arrival time, I was told that we had no booking, although later in the e mail , was told that it was in the "online" system but had never been noticed! Oh dear, only small rooms available and not for all nights! Offered two different rooms and then on one night to go elsewhere! Not good...so had to find somewhere else and at this late stage the weekend particularly is very expensive. So if you have booked on their online system - and have only an online confirmation I suggest you contact the hotel quickly to confirm again. Would have thought in this internet age this is a problem that should not have arisen.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robinhood1
pgolpe, Owner at Hostal L' Antic Espai, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2010

We feel so sorry to read such a comment about us here. What happened is the first time that happens in our Hotel during its four years of working.
Normaly when someone makes a reservation through our secure website, we recieve an email with the confirmation, in this case, for some reason, we didnt´t recieve this email, we called the responsable of the program, and he told us that it is the first time that something like that happens and they work with many others hotels.
We tried to apologize us in all ways, offering discounts, differents options depending of our availabilitys, and we called all the hotels around us trying to resolve the problem..
And at last we really were so happy that was found another hotel, and we told the customer, that if they need any help during their stay in Barcelona, don´t hesitate in calling us at all.. and if they want to pass by our Hotel someday will be welcome, offering a free night if their want or some bonus.
Sorry again milion times, it is too rare what happened, but who said that the computer systems never fails ??
Abel Estévez
LAntic Espai.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a week on our first visit to Barcelona. We often travel outside the US and appreciate a friendly and competent hotel staff. We received good recommendations for nearby restaurants and for sightseeing and even had help finding the right train to visit a nearby town. We enjoyed sitting on the veranda for breakfast or to relax in the afternoon before going out. The hotel is very close to the main plaza, to the old town, and to many sites we wanted to see as tourists. The owners were out of town, but we received a followup email from them asking how things had gone. We'll definitely stay here when we return to Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple