This hostal was created from a large , full floor apartment in the Eixample neighborhood of Barcelona. While updates were made to create the hotel rooms, the architectural features of the old apartment are still in evidence and I enjoyed seeing this.
The decor has many antiques , old portraits, porcelain figurines , lamps. You may not redo your home in the style, but it sure is fun to look at everything. This is a good, personal experience. Very different from a hotel. The staff is helpful and friendly, especially Sergio. You may end up sharing the breakfast table with other guests, a nice opportunity to meet people. The place is well located, a few blocks from the Plaza de Catalunya, and the neighborhood has many good, small restaurants. While in a central location, with my room facing the Avenida des Corts Catalanes, I found the place very quiet and peaceful at night and in the morning.
The owners were traveling for most of our stay but came back at the end. Abel gave us a lift to the airport. Wish I had more time to talk to him. He's a nice guy and told us many interesting things about the city. I would enjoy staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia