“Wonderful Hotel in an Excellent Location”
Review of Soho Hotel

Soho Hotel
Ranked #84 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel in an Excellent Location”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My first big solo o/s adventure saw me gathering information from all my friends. Barcelona was the final hotel to be booked for this trip and as I has a little extra cash I decided to boost my daily budget.

And with only a few extra Euros I landed this gem of a hotel. Minutes walk from everywhere exciting yet safe and very well located to metro stations. Very close to the airport shuttle bus stop as well. Modern room with excellent bathroom and very comfortable bed. I was on the street side which was a little noisy but nothing too disturbing.

Yes I agree with other Reviewers - the bathroom could do with a little more lighting and I'm fond of coffee/tea making facilities, of which there were none. But these are very small points.

The Staff are a real highlight of this hotel. They were extremely welcoming, friendly, patient with my lack of the language and very helpful.

Definitely a hotel I would eagerly return to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kittylovesjazz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at Soho for 4 nites, good location in safe area near the University of Barcelona and metro. Decent sized room for Spain - could use more lights in bathroom. Friendly desk staff, would print docs as requested. Clean, modern and trendy, comfy bed - firm after a long day of walking - wonderful! . Wifi weak in room, but we've experienced same in other US hotels so not a big deal. I'd recommend this to friends :)

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. The room had some "funky" light settings - cool, hot and normal. The colours changed from bright reds to lower lighting. Very unique.

The staff were all bi-lingual and friendly. We were given great tips where to eat. There was unfortunately a bus strike planned for one of our days there however the hotel were very good in placing signs in the lift and foyer advising of the strike.

The room was clean however no matter how hard we tried, we could not stop flooding the bathroom every time we had a shower. I would give 4 stars if this was not an issue.

The hotel also has lights on the front which unfortunately reflect a little into the room. These lights are luckily turned off automatically at 12 midnight. They did effect our sleep a little.

We had a large car and there is parking right next door. It is a little tight and quite pricey, but very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the main street, so you can avoid the lights.
1 Thank Ivan G
Barcelona
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had stayed in SOHO hotel for a week and highly recommend this hotel. Everything was like on a website. Room was very nice,clean, quiet. Me and my mom did not choose option with breakfast but we went few times for it and was really worth it. After huge breakfast we could wait with next meal till evening. Small swimming pool on a roof but enough to cool you down after hot day. Not very deep water, this is why I think is good for families with children.If I will have a chance to go again to Barcelona I will stay there. SOHO is a great choice.
Marta wit Mom. Poland

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

sydney
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Thank you to the front desk staff at the Soho who did so many things that impressed me during my stay with a large group of friends this week. They helped out one of my friends who was in and out of the hospital and were genuinely concerned about him. They gave another friend a bottle of her champagne when we mentioned it was her birthday. Nothing was too much trouble. Nice hotel, very relaxed, great value. Pool on the roof and location are winners.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotle just two weeks ago (September 2012) and we were really impressed by the staff, the facilities and the location. The front desk staff are really great! Very helpful and accommodating. When we arrived it was 9:30 in the morning. We were really tired and hungry. Although our rooms weren't ready as yet, they took our bags, told us where to get a decent breakfast, then let us go up to the 8th floor deck to relax next to the pool. I fell asleep up there...it was so peaceful. Our rooms were ready almost two hours earlier than there wee supposed to be and they gave us an upgrade.
This was characteristic of the treamemnt we received both times we stayed there...before and after our crusie with Royal Caribbean. I definitely would stay there again.
Also, the hotel is walking distance to Plaza Catalunya and Plaza Espana and La rambla and nearly everything you want to see and do in downtown Barcelona. Because it is so close to the metro at Urgell, it is also really convenient to get to and from this hotel.The guys at the front desk were great!!!

1 Thank Kathryn S
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff working the front desk were SUPER helpful and friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in providing recommendations and making sure we knew where to go. Room was nice - best for couples. We liked that the hotel isn't right on La Rambla, but it's still convenient to touristy sites. Oh and the bakery across the street (escriba) is great.

2 Thank Katie C