Soho Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$236
$205
Acta Antibes(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$153
$140
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$155
$149
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Barcelona Pza Glories 22(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$110
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$193
$156
Barcelona Princess(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$185
$169
  • Pool
NH Sants Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$217
$185
  • Restaurant
Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults only(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$195
$155
  • Beachfront
$259
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$340
$322
2,350 results
All reviewsurgell metro stationmood lightingterrace roomgreat hotelmodern hotelrooftop poolaerobus stopla ramblasmall poolminute walkbusy roadmain roadbathroom floornatural lightstayed here for nightslight sleepercentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is as much a review about the Nuñez y Navarro group of hotels, to which both Gran Via and Soho belong. I stayed at the Soho, so comments on the hotel refer to that.
I had booked the Gran Via through Booking.com, and when I arrived the receptionist told me there was a problem with the booking due to a fire, and that my room was not available, but that they had booked me another room in an equivalent hotel, and would pay the taxi ride to get there. This they did, so I arrived at the Soho.
I am not sure what the room would have been like at the Gran Via, but they gave me a suite at the Soho (which I am sure was an upgrade). Anyway the both the receptionist at the Gran Via was very apologetic (I am not sure if they actually had a fire or another problem), and the staff at the Soho were great. The Soho is in the Eixample area, which is good for retaurants, but if you want to be near the Rambla, it is a bit of a walk. It has a modern avant garde interior and decor. The suite had lots of space.
I could certainly recommend this hotel from the point of view of service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed in Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona and Madrid over an eleven-day trip - stayed here the longest (3-days). Was the nicest place we booked. Very modern hotel (starting with the front door!), great staff who spoke English with me and Spanish with my husband, who were very helpful with places to watch soccer and the best way to get to the airport, clean wonderful rooms with lots of space. One block from a Metro stop (Barcelona has a wonderful subway system), nice neighborhood. Computers, coffee and a TV in the basement to chill out with friends. A great value and would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I would love to give this hotel a better rating. The concierge was friendly and helpful. The location is central to most tourist sites and attractions. The rooms were clean and modern. We booked two sets of rooms and one of the showers were clogged and we had to wait until the next morning to get it fixed. The lighting is very very very dim for a business traveller or any woman that needs some light to apply her make-up. It was a beautifully designed hotel and had a hip chic ambience, but due to the slow internet, dim lighting and clogged bathroom, we would not return here. It was too expensive for the quality of stay that we experienced.

4  Thank Imaglobaltrotter
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights with a friend a week ago. We were worried when we arrived, as the hotel doesn't look like much from the outside. Thankfully, the interior is much nicer. The hotel is well located, close to Aerobus stop at Urgell, 10 minutes from Las Ramblas and 15-20 from the Gotic and El Born areas (which are nicer than Las Ramblas).

The hotel staff were very agreeable and helpful with whatever we needed. Our room was on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel along Gran Via. The two twin beds were pushed up against each other, with room to only separate by a couple inches. Not a problem if you are cozy with your roommate. The road noise was a bit to get used to, as the buses run very late right outside the window. The rooms were a nice size, clean and well designed. No complaints other than the shower has only a small glass partition, so the floor always gets soaked. The rooftop patio is beautiful and they delivered room service there for a small upcharge. If you need to order room service: The grilled cheese and ham (aka bikini) sandwich and potatoes with dip are nice. Skip the burger. We didn't go to any restaurants close by, preferring a 10-15 minute walk to a livelier area or more locally favored spot.

Overall: nice rooms, comfortable beds, great staff and good location. I would recommend!

Room Tip: If road noise affects your sleep, ask for a room not on the busy Gran Via.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends