We stayed at Hostal Putxet for 9 nights in 3 rooms at different floors. Some of us paid more for the same kind of room. The rooms are indeed very small and the bathrooms are even smaller than I expected.
The main things we did not like were:
- the narrow staircase
- thin walls - you could hear the neighbors taking a shower, singing, talking in the room, so very noisy rooms.
- cleaning was superficial - tones of dust under the bed, the sheets were not changed during our whole stay and they were not actually clean. The only things they did were to set the bed and to bring clean towels. The only time they cleaned the floor was when we spilled water on the floor.
- air -conditioning - in some rooms it was too powerful (first and second floor) and in some it was not working that swell (the third floor) - plus, you could not turn it off because the switch was for the whole hostal.
- the wireless internet was working only on the first floor, and mainly next to the reception
In the first two weeks from June we got cold weather, outside it was raining and because of the air conditioning it was very in the rooms.
The best parts of the hostel are:
- the location - you could easily go by foot to Guel Park, the Lesseps Metro Station was very close and you could go anywhere in Barcelona, plus the public transportation, you could get to Plaza Espana with the 27 bus, with 33 bus you could get to Plaza Catalunya, to reach the beach you could take the 17 bus.
- cheap hostel
- nice and clean neighborhood, the Park Putxet is close by
- close by are places to eat and supermarkets - Eurosky - one street away and Dia on the end of the street on which is the hostal
- kind staff
- you can find maps and flayers next to the automatic machine
Piece of advise:
If you come from the airport and don't wish to take the taxi, you may take the bus 46 or an A1 or A2 bus (for 5 Euro) and from Plaza Espana you can take bus 27, from Plaza Catalunya you can take the 33 bus and ask for the Lesseps station. We made the mistake of coming with the metro and it has looots of stairs and it's not easy if you also carry your baggage. You can take the bus tickets from any metro station and it's about 8 Euro - 10 trips.
Barcelona is a great city, I will most certainly return, but not at Hostal Putxet because there are other Hostels and Hotels that also offer meal services for almost the same amount of money. But if you do stay at Putxet, pray that the weather is great and you can spend as much time as you can on the amazing streets of Barcelona. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DingDong Putxet was completely renovated in 2009 and now offers a welcoming atmosphere in which guests can enjoy services that incorporate the latest technology. Hostal DingDong Putxet has 18 simple and comfortable rooms, all equipped with a private bathroom, free WIFI, heating, air conditioning, flat-screen TV, and a safe. Its excellent location and good transport connections allow you to reach the centre of Barcelona quickly and easily. During your stay at Hostal DingDong Putxet you can visit all of Barcelona's main attractions, including the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, the Gracia neighbourhood, Plaza Cataluna, etc. Hostal DingDong Putxet has a total of 18 rooms, divided into: singles, doubles, economy doubles, and triples. Its modern and functional design will make your stay in Barcelona as pleasant as possible. Most of the rooms are exterior with natural light. Some have views of the street and others have views of a backyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DingDong Putxet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Putxet Hotel Barcelona
- DingDong Putxet Barcelona, Catalonia