We picked this hotel after reading hundreds of reviews on Tripadvisor. We chose the hotel based on the reviews and location. The best rate we found was with Expedia when they had a 10% discount.
We asked for a quiet room and were allocated a room on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor overlooking Casanova Street. The room was dark at night and very quiet. The only noise was in the morning with housekeeping accessing a cupboard. Do leave the do not disturb on your door or housekeeping will be trying to come in when you are in bed !
The room and bathroom were nicely decorated. We had an issue with the sink which was dealt with quickly. I took a travel kettle, if you do this remember to take your own cups and spoons.
All the staff at front desk were very helpful with excellent English. You can buy discounted tourist bus tickets there. We did not try the breakfast buffet as we were not able to find a good rate when booking which included this.
The location was excellent, we could walk everywhere. We used the public bus once and a few taxis, all cheap and reliable. We had great weather and found Barcelona and the beach to be extremely busy.
Our only moan at the hotel was that the rooftop bar was closed in such nice weather. One day we counted 20 people sat up there looking at an unstocked bar. We were delighted to get up the following morning to find an invitation to the opening of the rooftop bar and 2 free glasses of cava. A good job by management but only sending 1 barman was insufficient. We also got a voucher for 2 free glasses of cava when we arrived. The gym is small but all you need.
A great hotel ,would definitely return and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few metres from Placa Catalunya, Passeig de Gracia and Les Rambles, H10 Casanova is located in a beautifully refurbished 18th century building. The hotel’s services include the new Sky Bar terrace with views of Barcelona, bright, elegant rooms, the delightful Ona Lounge, a Despacio Spa Centre and 7 meeting rooms. The comfortable rooms at the H10 Casanova have very modern and functional decor and are equipped with all the amenities needed to ensure a pleasant stay. The Ona Lounge offers a selection of fusion tapas and a menu specialising in cocktails and premium gin and tonics. Weekends are party time with live DJ sessions. And on summer evenings, relax with a cocktail at our 8th floor Sky Bar, as you admire the sunset over Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your H10 Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Casanova Hotel Barcelona
- Casanova By Rafael Hotel
- Casanova By Rafael Barcelona
- H10 Casanova Barcelona, Catalonia