We have spent one week at casa and have booked via internet.Casa con estilo is situated on the 6th floor in the block of flats on Carrer de Balmes, very close to the metro station el Putxtet of metro L7 line. There is small and very primitive elevator in the vestibule which takes you up; we got a buch of keys and could leave and come at any time.There are 2 terraces (the lower one takes you from the dining room, the other is one floor higher, where you can sunbathe, free use of internet in the corner and wireless internet access in the rooms;we stayed at Audrey room which is the only one with its own "en-suite" bathroom. The room is big enough for 2 (hotel doesn't offer any extra beds in it).On the other site I read that staff doesn't let any kids,but there were 2 families during our stay...Talking about the staff, nobody speaks a word english, prepare to use your own body language...there were 2 very friendly ladies, available for any wishes,unfortunatelly I could't use my knowledge of english, german and italian neither.
Breakfast was every morning the same; jam,butter,aprox.5-6 pieces of different cheese,orange juice,tea, coffie, milk, one sort of cake and bread,which was defrosted (first morning happend we got frosted bread, because the houselady didn't defrost enough) - in some forum I read about every mornig fresh bread...a big lie!
Neverthless, I would recommed the hotel to all Barcelona's visitors,who wish to stay out of city center, where you can become very easly a vicitm of the pickpocket,which happend to me as well, right after getting of the train from airport. If there are any questions about casa con estilo and sights of Barcelona,don't hasitate to contact me.
Have a nice stay in Barca and hasta luego!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed & Breakfast Casa Con Estilo Balmes is located in the 6th floor of an early 20th century building, in Balmes street. "Sant Gervasi" is a very quiet, peaceful and welcoming neighbourhood. Along its streets you can find bars, coffee shops, restaurants, little boutiques and public parkings. In 10 minutes you can switch this peace with the animated city center by taking the metro or the bus, with their stops located very close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Con Estilo Balmes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Con Estilo Hotel Barcelona
- Casa Con Estilo Balmes Barcelona, Catalonia