Stayed here at the start of July and was really disappointed.
It just didn't live up to 5* expectations, feeling more like a business hotel than anything else.
The worst thing was the air-con which was as good as non-existent. July temps were high and, despite having the air-con on most of the time, the only thing it seemed to achieve was the belching of warm air into the room. Awful. Despite complaining about this, nothing was ever rectified. Yes, they sent up a handyman, but it wasn't fixed. I barely slept for 3 nights due to the heat so I can't say that this is one for a relaxing stay. To be honest, I've stayed in hotels of a lower standard yet had a much higher level of comfort and service.
Finally, a small comment re check out. It would have been nice to have been asked how my stay had been. This would have been an opportunity for feedback. However instead I was met with the city tax bill by an unsmiling and disinterested gentleman.
I left with the impression that this is very much a tourist hotel with little interest in securing repeat custom.
Ultimately, for the price, there are far better options in this beautiful city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia