I was in Barcelona to direct an awards ceremony, and flew out very early on the Wednesday morning. The hotel had been pre-warned by the production company that I would be arriving around 11 AM and would need to check into my room immediately before going off to location at 1:30 PM, so it was a little disappointing to find that no room was ready and I was told wouldn't be ready until after 2 o'clock.
I'm very lucky that I don't have to worry about things like that and the production company started asking staff at the hotel why this had happened and what could be done to change it. I was told that I could be downgraded to a standard room from the superior room that had been booked if I wanted the early check-in. Not satisfactory.
I was offered free coffee, and a very nice check-in supervisor called Julia came determined that she would do her very best to get me a room before 2 o'clock. Eventually I was given a room after an hour and a quarter's wait at 12:15 PM.
The room was worth it. Nice big bed, good pillows, balcony, and a fabulous bathroom.
Breakfast the following morning was good, and the hotel were happy to give me a late check out at 3 PM following afternoon, so that I could spend the morning lazing by the stunning rooftop pool (one of 2 in the hotel) before popping next door to the Genis cafe to get a reasonably priced lunch, rather than paying the somewhat extortionate premium prices for food in the hotel.
On my return from the awards ceremony at 2 AM in the morning, I found a small box of chocolates and a chilled bottle of bubbly waiting for me my room - no note, but I'm assuming it was some sort of apology for the delay on check in. A nice touch, and the chocolates were nice. given that I don't drink, sadly the champagne was wasted.
Great location for the hotel right on the beachfront, and near Metro station, just a shame that my arrival was somewhat spoiled. Given that the clients I was working for had booked a hundred and 50 rooms in the hotel, I think they could have done a little better.
I'd consider the hotel though for a weekend visit, and hopefully on that occasion, get to check in smoothly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia