My husband and I were booked for one night at the Pullman Barcelona Skipper prior to sailing on a Mediterranean cruise. Unfortunately the Lufthansa strike left us stranded in Munich, so instead of arriving in the morning, we didn't get in until very late at night. This didn't give us a chance to really enjoy this wonderful hotel, but we were very happy with the location near the beach and felt that the staff was very attentive. There were a variety of restaurants within a walk block walk right out on the beach.
The check in went smoothly and we were assigned a balcony room. We really liked the modern look and feel of this hotel. The room was extremely comfortable with a very spacious bathroom. We loved the smoked sliding glass door for the shower/toilet area, but be careful in the shower as we found it slippery.
The downside for us was our experience with the guests next door. They partied on their balcony long into the night and then actually cheered when the sun came up after 5am. We knew that Barcelona was a late night town, but thought this was a little extreme.
If we make it back to Barcelona we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia