We loved every minute of our week long stay in the Pullman Skipper! It had it all and the staff were truly amazing. They were at all times friendly and attentive and so relaxed, not an inch of snootiness to be seen at all like in some 5 star hotels! The room was large and spacious, had a huge bathroom with a bath and separate shower. The breakfast was to die for, one of the most impressive I have seen in any hotel. Did I mention the fabulous rooftop pool and sun bathing deck with panoramic views of the Barcelona coast line and the city? We spent a lot of time up here and the staff looked after our every need. If you do go to the rooftop deck make sure you try the burger as like everyone has said previously it’s yummy yummy! The music on the rooftop deck added to the overall chilled out feel and anytime we wanted to go to the beach instead that was only seconds from the hotel. Not only that but there were a number of restaurants that we had food in right on the beach literally less than 5 minutes from the hotel (Carpe Diem Lounge Club, Shôko, Barcelona Ice Bar).
I wish I could say everything was perfect but there were a few tiny things we were disappointed with….. we do love to gym a little bit when away on long trips but this was not really possible at the Pullman Skipper. I would have called what they had a fitness room rather than a gym with a few small bits of equipment and we were disappointed about this. The other thing was the WiFi in our room, it was in one word TERRIBLE! The signal was weak all the time and the system they used where you had to log back in every time via the browser was very annoying. I suppose I could have lived with it if the signal was good but in only one place was the signal strong and that was at the door to the room and I did not want to sit there on the flooor to browse the web. At the provided desk it was almost impossible to get a signal both on my Android phone and on my partners iPad. Speaking of a weak WiFi signal the rooftop deck had a bad WiFi signal as well. Lots of people had iPads and iPhones etc. on the rooftop deck as it’s nice to be able to browse when chilling out but again the signal was so weak more often than not it was a chore to try and even connect.
Aside from the few gripes I had above I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends who were travelling to Barcelona and wanted a nice place to stay close to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia