“Super Satisfied and Stuffed!”

Cook and Taste Barcelona Cooking Classes
Book In Advance
More Info
$80.95*
and up
Small-Group Barcelona Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Find out about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy. Our half-day Barcelona cooking classes are highly participative. You will learn how to cook the Spanish dishes that have travelled the world. You will cook them yourself with the aid of an experienced chef and the complicity of a small group. - Spanish cuisine classes - Tour of La Boqueria market - Team-building activities - Corporate events - Foodies walking tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 10, 2009

One of my main mission in Barcelona was to have good paella and even better if i can learn how to make it myself! And I'm glad I found it with Cook and Taste! We had a smaller class that day, which was great-'coz it was more personal, we asked so many questions and we get to eat more food and even have doggie bags to take home! The seafood paella was excellent, perfectly cooked and everything else was quite tastety. Chef Bruno was excellent and funny as he shared some of his own interesting stories. His english wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad at all! I don't know about you, but I rather be taking cooking lessons from a local chef - it's just more authentic that way. The facility was nice and new as most reviewers have mentioned. The menu was pretty basic except for the paella. So it would be nice too if they have more extensive menus for experienced cooks who would be interested to do a bit more exploring with local cuisine. Overall, it was so much fun and quite an authentic experience!

All reviews
"great cooking class"
in 9 reviews
"cooking school"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 10 reviews
"catalan cuisine"
in 16 reviews
"great instructor"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 19, 2009

We did the market tour, and although we could have walked through on our own, our chef gave us information and understanding of much of what was sold that we could not have figured out on our own (who knew the first egg of the day from a chicken has more flavor and costs more from the egg lady?).

Cooking dinner was a lot of fun, everyone was hands-on. It was informative, but not too serious. You definitely don't have to be a chef to take this class. It was great to cook and eat traditional Catalan dishes. Even though I don't care for paella, I have true respect for the process now! A couple of the items we will make at home.

It really only costs as much as a nice dinner out with wine. TOTALLY worth it!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2009

We're not quite sure why a previous poster grumbled so much about their experience and made the claim about Rice-A-Roni, Our experience was great. We did the morning class with the trip to the market. You could probably pass on the market trip and do it on your own, but for us, it was a nice way to meet the other members of our class. Our chef was Bruno, and he was knowledgable, friendly and had a great sense of humour. We had fun, met some great people (from North American and Asia) and enjoyed a lovely meal - partially cooked by ourselves under Bruno's great coaching. Good food, good wine, good company, lots of laughs and a great chef...what more could you want on a vacation?

Reviewed November 3, 2009

I did a cooking class in Provence and had alot of fun so when I read about Cook and Taste, I immediately signed up for it as part of my visit to Barcelona. Bruno, our chef/instructor, first took us for a walk around the Broqueria - the huge buzz ling market – with, shall we say, some rather interesting wares like bull testicles, but also other slightly more appetizing stuff like mushrooms of all shapes and sizes and exotic fruits and spices and seafood and …..much much more.
There were 11 of us in the class and all of us had a chance to cook/chop/whisk something or other. Bruno peppered his instructions with lots of jokes so the entire atmosphere at the very modern kitchen was relaxed and fun. At the end of the session, we all sat down, and ate what we cooked with a very generous amount of wine.
All in all – a great way to spend half a day in Barcelona, before hitting the streets again and getting awestruck by the city’s beautiful architecture.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I booked Cook and Taste based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. We had so much fun. We were in the new location which is clean, bright and modern, but located in the old Bari Gotic. Our group was a total of 12 people from England, Australia, Germany and the US. The chef (I have forgotten his name) was very passionate about cooking and Barcelona and also very funny. He spoke excellent English. We enjoyed cooking with everyone and it was a very jovial group. We almost felt like we were on a cooking program, and even noticed that some tourists outside were taking our picture as we cooked. The dishes all tasted wonderful, and the ingredients were fresh and flavorful. The only thing we might have done differently would be to skip the market tour. We had already visited the market the day before, so we could have saved 24 euro by skipping that part. Otherwise it was a wonderful evening and something a bit different to do on vacation. We highly recommend Cook and Taste!