“A must while in Barcelona”

Cook and Taste Barcelona Cooking Classes
Book In Advance
More Info
$70.98*
and up
Small-Group Barcelona Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Find out about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy. Our half-day Barcelona cooking classes are highly participative. You will learn how to cook the Spanish dishes that have travelled the world. You will cook them yourself with the aid of an experienced chef and the complicity of a small group. - Spanish cuisine classes - Tour of La Boqueria market - Team-building activities - Corporate events - Foodies walking tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must while in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband and I always take a cooking class while traveling. This class was a highlight of our whole trip to Spain. You get so much for so little cost. Theresa was a wonderful Chef and hostess. We felt so relaxed and welcomed into her kitchen. Everyone took turns volunteering for the tasks that suited them. Then we ate the fruits of our labor. Cooking classes brings you into an area faster than any other way for us. It helps us understand the food, spices, drink etc...

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, CO
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The BEST part of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

You must do this - we had a fabulous time. Make sure you do the market option as it is fascinating to walk through the market and buy your groceries with a local - you learn (and see) so much more.

Our chef was Theresa and she was wonderful - she really took her time showing us all of the techniques and answering all of our questions.

Included in the price (and it isn't cheap but I cannot stress how WELL WORTH IT) is all the wine you can handle - and I must say, our group handled plenty.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

1 Thank Byron W
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Marvelous cooking class and market tour - must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED a must have experience for experienced and novice cooks!

My husband's first cookery lesson! An absolute winner (just about dragged him there and he is not so interested in food) as for me well I am an experienced cook (and have worked professional in restaurants as well as teaching cooking) and it was just so well done.

We went on the add-on market tour before and it was fantastic seeing the market, learning about local produce from a local and oh to taste the local specialist D.O. Iberian ham.... yum....

The class could not have been any better and was well paced, interesting well supervised, just the right amoutn of information and encouragement and participation! Topped off of course by eating our own cooking. A very happy and delightful experience!

4 Thank frombecca
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Excellent cooking class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I have taken a few cooking classes - pasta in Italy, empanadas in Argentina - and this was one of the best!

We had a group of nine who were led on a marekt tour (which is an add-on to the class) for about 1.5 hours to get the ingredients for the class. Honestly, while it was fun we could have saved ourselves a few extra euro and just wandered the market ourselves, but oh well.

We started cooking around 12 and borke into groups of 2-3 people who would be responsible for one of four dishes - a cold tomato soup, bread with roasted veggies, paella, and crema catalana (like creme brulee) for dessert.

For about 2 hours we all mixed and chopped and drank and talked and had a greta time, and learned so much. My husband and I made the dessert and we plan to make it at home for sure.

The soup was really good, the bread was not that great (kind of soggy and in my opinion topped with too many veggies, but I did see it on the menu at many tapas places so I know it is a regional dish) the paella was amazing (the best we had in Spain!) and our dessert, if I do say so myself, turned out perfectly.

I highly reccomend this class to anyone who loves to cook, wants to learn to make regional dishes, or is looking for something different to do on vacation. The facilities were new and modern, the instructor was wonderful and the food was very good.

6 Thank ktmae55
Penang
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must-do for foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

A perfect lil' activity for a group of girlfriends, couples, or even families who enjoy food and the preparation of it. After sampling all the delicious yet simple Spanish dishes like Paella, gazpacho, tortilla, what better way then to bring home a piece of Spain with you then to learn to cook it!!!

Our teacher/chef - Ignacio (hope I got his name right) was a pleasure...he was adept, friendly, casual, and it wasn't as much a class than just him inviting you to cook with him in his kitchen.

Be sure to include the trip to La Boqueria - a wonderful market that you MUST visit. Having Ignacio bring you around is even better, as he points things out about his country's cuisine and produce. Some of the freshest produce i've ever seen.....and you can see how proud the Spanish are of their food.

A must-do for foodies!