“Brilliant experience”

$77.06*
and up
Small-Group Barcelona Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Find out about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy. Our half-day Barcelona cooking classes are highly participative. You will learn how to cook the Spanish dishes that have travelled the world. You will cook them yourself with the aid of an experienced chef and the complicity of a small group. - Spanish cuisine classes - Tour of La Boqueria market - Team-building activities - Corporate events - Foodies walking tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked this quite last minute for our anniversary trip and it was brilliant. Chef Maria is amazing. She kept us entertained throughout and the time just flew by. The ingredients were all
super fresh and it all tasted amazing. Highly recommended if you have the time

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lloydminster, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Dreams of Paella”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My first experience with making Paella ended up with me throwing away my pan.
Getting to learn how to do this properly was a fantastic experience I won't forget (barring dementia or Alzheimer's). We made several recipes with fantastic direction from our Little Chef Maria. Our class included the shopping trip to the Market which was excellent, using local and seasonal ingredients. It ended with us eating together with our new friends from Canada United States and of course Spain.
The food we created was delicious and exciting. The next time we go to Barcelona I definitely want to do this again. Only next time its TAPAS!

1 Thank tbrace
Reston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Day in Barcelona”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was the second year that I took the English cooking class. While the menus were very similar, it was a totally different experience with another chef instructor and other classmates. My daughter and I visit Barcelona every year and we look forward to taking the cooking class again in 2014.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Michael S
Madison, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Barcelona vacation!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My daughter and I took the class the beginning of our week long trip to Barcelona. Once we found the location on Paradis Street, (hidden back in the corner of one of the tiny streets of the city) we were whisked to La Boqueria Market where Mary Jo (our personal chef) gave us a wonderful tour of her favorite spots in the market and provided us with wonderful stories, tips for market shopping and history of the people of Spain. We hand picked up some of the ingredients for our cooking and got an education of the art of picking the best fresh seafood (cod) and produce. Once back at the cooking kitchen we reviewed the recipes for the dishes we were going to prepare. Romeso Sauce, Sopa De Pimiento Rojo Al Aroma De Azafran Tostado Con Bacalao (Red bell pepper soup flavored with toasted saffron and cod), Paella De Marisco (Seafood paella), Crema Catalana (similar to Creme Brulee but definitely not the same). Our class had about 14-16 people who all had a great time learning the proper way to slice, dice, whisk, stir, and prepare our meal. Everyone got an opportunity to prepare different parts of the meal. My daughter and I jumped on the dessert course (our favorite) Of course we especially enjoyed drinking the local white and red wines while preparing and eating. Our cooking skills and jokes got better as the wine flowed and the friendships were formed. Mary Jo was a great chef and we really enjoyed the personal touch she had with sharing her many stories of Spain and cooking. She was absolute "spot on" when she said we would not find "fresher" paella in any restaurants than what we cooked in our "cook & taste" class. Everything else we ate the remainder of the week could not compare to the meal we prepared in our class. I highly recommend this class to anyone visiting Barcelona. It really gave us a "taste" of Spanish food and was the perfect way to start our vacation in the city. I bought an apron as a souvenir which will always remind me of my fun Spanish cooking class. This class is good for any level of cooking skill, from never cooked before to experience. Something for everyone. Don't miss out on this experience. (my husband was jealous he had to work at his conference and couldn't join us!)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank msterren
Annapolis, Maryland
“a true Joy of Catalan Cooking”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This cooking class and a tour of the La Boqueria was a great experience and well worth it. A lot of fun and a true joy! Our instructor gave us clear explanations and tips. We had 6 tapas; Salmorejo, Almejas en Salsa verde (clams in a green sauce), Calamares a la andaluze (calamari), Chorizo al vino (Chorizo sausages cooked in wine), Patatas Bravas (spicy potatoes), Escabeche de Pollo con Verduritas de temporada (chicken with seasonal vegetables) and a nice desert of baked green apples with a light yogurt. We also had both red and white wine to ease the learning process and to accompany each dish at our meal. I would highly recommend this class to everyone visiting Barcelona.

Visited October 2013