All reviews espanya metro station great location hot tub nice hotel minute walk big bathroom airport bus pleasant stay recommend this hotel four star hotel walking distance easy access around the corner great room reception staff quiet area comfortable beds
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. The staff were all excellent, no complaints at all. Two reasons why I'm not rating it higher. Firstly, we got back after a long day out on Saturday to find our room hadn't been serviced. Give we were only there from Friday until Sunday, it was only due to happen once anyway, and it didn't happen. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel of this standard and had this happen. Anyway, we got back at 1am and the staff provided clean towels and were very apologetic but still, it's poor. The other issue was that the wifi didn't work. We got connected but there was simply no screen to log-on to the service. In fairness to the hotel, as we were pretty busy and had 4g roaming anyway, we didn't report it all. It might have been easily resolved but that's not the point. In 2019, logging on to wifi should be seamless and you shouldn't require the assistance of the hotel. But neither of these issues were major and I would still recommend the hotel as a place to stay in Barcelona.

Date of stay: September 2019
Gemma R, Front Office Manager at Pestana Arena Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Ray C,

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Your comments about our hotel and services are very important to us.

We truly apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have already notified management about what happened and we are taking measures to ensure that unfortunate events like these do not happen again.

We truly appreciate your comments and the issues raised because they help us improve our service.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Hotel was well appointed, the room was clean and comfortable. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was on the main bus route so we took the tourist bus and hopped on and off over two days were we wanted to go.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Pestana Hotel Group
Gemma R, Front Office Manager at Pestana Arena Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Mrs. Laura,

Thank you for choosing Pestana Arena Barcelona Hotel and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and comfort of our rooms, as well as the service provided by our team. Our guests’ comments are very important to us because we work hard every day to provide them with an excellent service. Thank you very much for your recommendation!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Pestana Arena Barcelona Hotel.

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in that hotel for one night, likely only one night.
In the beginning I booked another hotel, but then I saw this option of 4*hotel with a very nice pictures and reviews and decided to change my booking.
The only one plus about hotel is location and good guy who did check in for us.
I was choosing the hotel with no prepayment and free cancellation, because I wanted to pay in cash and don’t hold any money on my card for guaranty of the stay (btw with the previous hotel I didn’t have problems about it)
So after I did booking hotel start to text me that I need to send them cc with the documents, or otherwise we have to do deposit. And when I tried to explain that I choose them because I don’t want to do prepayment-hotel just didn’t answer us anymore. So I waste my time and nervous in vacation to call to the hotel and resolve the situation.
Check in was fast, but make sure that you know which taxes are included in the final price to not pay them double time.
By first vision hotel is pretty new, nice restaurant in the lobby.
The room was very old. Looks like similar to the picture, but everything is really old. Bed was not comfortable at all. Bathroom was smelly. Between glass and bath tide was mushrooms!!!! Dirty holders for the towels.
No dental kits.
No bathrobes
No slippers
No duvet blanked
AC didn’t work

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gemma R, Front Office Manager at Pestana Arena Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Dear Mrs. Marimari,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that your check in experience was good.

Regarding our reservation methods, We kindly request to all of our guests ,to provide us a credit card as a guarantee in other to reserve and confirm the reservation.
Please allow me to inform you that we don't do holds on credit cards prior or upon arrival.

Only reservations booked through a non refundable rate are charged prior to arrival due to the reservation terms and conditions., that can be read in our website or others online external partners, that we assume that our guests check before reserving.

On the other hand, I am really sorry to hear that the room wasn't up to expectations, we have addressed the issue accordingly, and will do our best to improve the quality of our areas.

We hope that you can give us a second chance in the near future.

Wishing you a lovely day,

Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

SUPER EXTRA CLEAN ROOM, outside and inside
Bathroom
Convenience location right next to plaza espanya two blocks down
Many restaurants around and stores

Friendly customer services
Delicious sangria
Breakfast very varsity and fresh food

Definitely we will back !!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gemma R, Front Office Manager at Pestana Arena Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Mr. B630PIpedror,

First of all, we want to thank you very much for your excellent feedback on Pestana Arena Barcelona Hotel.
It gives us great satisfaction to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you particularly enjoyed our services and facilities.

We were also very happy to hear that we were able to offer you a pleasant stay. We look forward to hosting you again soon at Pestana Arena Barcelona Hotel.

Pestana Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed August 4, 2019

My 3rd time in Barcelona and this time, as I was going to spend 3 days in conferences, I picked this hotel. Nothing special... breakfast has a lack of choice, dishes in the restaurant are ok, bedrooms are quite normal...nothing special.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Gemma R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Pestana Arena Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Dear Ms. anasofiasaldanha,

On behalf of our entire team at Pestana Arena Barcelona Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to sharing us your feedback. Your opinion is very important for us to continue improving our service.

We are sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. .

Pestana Hotels & Resorts