“Amazing location and great price”
Review of Hostal Campi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Hostal Campi
Ranked #409 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing location and great price”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hostal. Perfect location right off las ramblas in walking distance to pretty much anywhere you need to go. Only 6euro bus trip from the airport. Clean and super friendly staff to help with maps, directions or making reservations. I would highly recommend it and for the location I'm not sure you could find a better price. Just note there is no elevator and there are a ton of stairs but that seems to be how things are in Europe and its doable. I stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Zirl, Austria
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We've stayed there (2 persons) in April 2012 for 5 nights. Hostel is really old, looks old, feels old. We had a room with shared toilets and shared showers (single cabins, so you could go inside and lock). But: Toilets & showers have been clean, no complaints about that!

But, and that was the main reason we booked: It was VERY cheap, the location was PERFECT, and we just used our room for sleeping! After all, you're in Barcelona :) And that is why I rate it "Very good", because it was "very good" for our needs!

The location: PERFECT! You're at La Rambla in 10 seconds (really!) and on Plaça de Catalunya in 1 minute.

Free WiFi was available, worked in our room!

No parking, as it is directly in the city!

No elevators!

Overall: if you don't need a bath&restroom of your own and wanna be in the MIDDLE of the city while travelling on budget: Take it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank suffix
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant location just off las ramblas in the thick of the action and a great price, €50 a night! You could pay more for a private bathroom if you wish but we didn't think it was worth it and the shared facilities were very clean and you weren't sharing with too many people. Staff efficient, friendly and helpful.

Only criticism I can think of is that the bed wasn't the comfiest, although I've slept in worse! Initially the request to leave the key at reception when you go out was disconcerting, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about losing it and the reception is manned 24 hours. Slightly difficult to find at first but just look closely for the sign by the door.

Added bonus of leaving bags after check-out as we had a late flight. I wouldn't suggest leaving valuables as your bags aren't locked away but I'm sure you could. Wi-fi always appreciated.

You'll probably struggle to find as good value in such a location. Recommended.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel J
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very central – great location, just off Las Ramblas. The staff were polite and helpful, most spoke English. It is up a few flights of stairs and there’s no elevator so would not be suitable for those who can’t do stairs or who have lots of luggage. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean.

The airport bus drops you off just a 10 min walk away.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank W3A
Reviewed February 9, 2013

When I booked my room I asked for I quiet room because of sleeping problems. They assured it would be very quiet. In fact it was the loudest night I ever had. Went to bed at 11, did not sleep before 6 am. "Thats not my problem", the receptionist told me.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank backpacked
Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Conveniently located at the top part of the ramblas and within walking distance from the airport bus stop at placa catalunya. Just off the main road of the magnificent Las Ramblas.. Hostal Campi are surrounded by lots of dining & shopping options and the area is very lively even at night. Everything else is walking distance & well connected with public transport! Metro & buses. Staffs at the hostal are very informative & helpful will all enquiries. I love the simple rooms though i have to warn you that there are lots of steps & stairs are involved esp since my room is located on the 4th Floor (the reception is on the 2nd floor). Superbaly value rates with inclusive of free wifi. I opted for the shared bathroom & the both toilet *& bathroom are always clean & dry! Friendly cleaning ladies too!! Definitely will recommend to all travellers who are on a budget & simple expectations.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms away from the street if you want a quiet room or a light sleeper. I dun mind stree...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for the new year period based on the reviews on tripadvisor. I can't deny the location is excellent. The rooms were basic but they were cheap and you get what you pay for. The rooms and shared bathrooms were cleaned everyday. My only complaint about this place is that the customer service wasn't great. There was a young gentleman who worked at the desk, who was friendly, but everyone else especially the guy who covered the night shift was rude and unfriendly. One night we asked the man at reception for a restaurant accommodation. Being a local we hoped he would recommend a non-touristy place, but he tried to flick us off and told us to go to las rambles. So much for being friendly & helpful. My friend wanted to leave 2 days early and the owner wasn't very accommodating either, considering I had paid for 5 nights for my room & my friend had been there for 4 nights. This place is good if you don't mind getting bad customer service.

• Stayed December 2012