We weren't blown away by this hotel, but what do you expect? It's a 3 star hotel, and for that rating it fares pretty well. My mother always told me when travelling in mainland Europe, remove one star from the star rating to equate it to what is expected in the UK and North America, and this advice has always worked.
Confortel Auditori is relatively near a metro station, about 2 blocks away. There are two supermarkets, a bakery and a pharmacy all in a one-block radius. The pharmacy was of particular importance to us as my spouse developed a particularly nasty case of gastric flu after eating at a restaurant in Las Ramblas (that's a story for a whole other review). Having a pharmacy so close was a godsend. The hotel staff were very sympathetic and as helpful as they could be during the time he was ill, sending up bottles of water and providing me with the cutlery and crockery I wanted in the middle of the night when the time finally came right to eat again.
The bathroom is very clean. The sheets were of course clean but I didn't feel completely at ease in the bed - perhaps the discovery of a hair not belonging to myself or my partner was enough to throw me off that first night.
The knowledge the hotel staff have about Barcelona is good, not amazing but not terrible. Restaurant recommendations were the hardest thing to get out of them.
The hotel boasts free wireless, although with a Mac I found the first night I couldn't connect to their system, so I had to use one of the 2 computers in the lobby instead. The rest of the time it was no problem to connect.
Overall it was an alright hotel, but I don't particularly feel any loyalty to stay there again. If we were to return to Barcelona we would probably stay elsewhere just so as not to stay at the same average place twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ILUNION Auditori is located in the heart of Barcelona, just 10 minutes walk from Arc de Triomf train and metro station and 1.5 km away from the Sagrada Familia. The famous Barcelona Auditorium is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel.ILUNION Auditori Hotel offers a gym, a sauna and a spectacular rooftop pool from where guests can enjoy breath taking views of Barcelona. All rooms have contemporary decor and offer free Wi-Fi, free bottled water, flat- screen TV, satellite TV, free safety deposit box and air conditioning. The hotel offers free use of sveral PC's located in the main lobby with free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ILUNION Auditori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Confortel Auditori Hotel Barcelona
- Confortel Auditori Barcelona
- Confortel Barcelona
- ILUNION Auditori Barcelona, Catalonia